Gaming I screwed myself up with System Transfer...

DannyAwesome1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK, here's my problem:
Recently I just did a System Transfer between 2 3DSs. And, I thought it would combine the source's games and stuff into the target console, but it turns out it overwrote EVERYTHING with the source's system on my target system (idiot me...). I can redownload everything back, but I want to restore the save files. I don't really wanna do everything from scratch, especially my retail game downloads (I had 90 hours on Pokémon X, so yeah...).
Is there anyway to restore it? I have backup files in my PC that I just did before the system transfer.
I tried moving save files that are from the same game from the PC to the system (I did it with Pokémon X for a test), but it ended up saying the save file was corrupted...
So...any ideas?
If there isn't a way, oh well, it would be fun trying to do everything I guess...
Thanks! :)

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's lame. Nintendo really should've set it up as a merge rather than an overwrite.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when you system transferred, did you leave the SD card inside the source 3ds until it was fully transferred to target 3ds? if so, all you had to do was put the SD card from source 3ds to target 3ds and save files should work fine.

DannyAwesome1104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
when you system transferred, did you leave the SD card inside the source 3ds until it was fully transferred to target 3ds? if so, all you had to do was put the SD card from source 3ds to target 3ds and save files should work fine.
I was supposed to do that.....
:hateit: I HATE MYSELF!!!
Oh well, this accident has a little positive side on it: I HAVE OVER 100 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY TO GET BACK EVERYTHING I WENT THROUGH! GOOD BYE SLEEP! HELLO 3DS!! LOL XD :rofl2:
Thanks anyway :)

Reactions: jagerstaffel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1