Hacking I read the stickies but still confused. (3DSXL)(Firmware) Please help.

RocketRon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.guru.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'll try to keep this short, sorry for shitposting the forums so soon but I just cant get my head around this.

I recently bought a 3DS XL(red color)
• My Serial Number is : SAF102823200.
I still don't know which firmware I am running comparing information in the wiki.

Other information :
I download some kind of update when I first turned on my 3DS XL.. was this an update for my firmware and did I just GG myself?

Is my console compatible with flash carts? Please

just look at your system settings...

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I'll try to keep this short, sorry for shitposting the forums so soon but I just cant get my head around this.

I still don't know which firmware I am running comparing information in the wiki.

Other information :
I download some kind of update when I first turned on my 3DS XL.. was this an update for my firmware and did I just GG myself?

you dont need to give the serial number and it is better to don't show it...

if you recently bought it and updated it, then i am sure it's 7.x firmware

go on the console settings, in the first screen it will happear a big number which is the firmware version

example:
4fouJT0.png

SolarisHeights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh boy, well thanks for the responses I really appreciate it. I take it there are no workarounds for me at this point in time? Gah what a waste :(

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

• My Serial Number is : SAF102823200.

Other information :

Not any more it's not. You bought an aussie 3ds xl. Most australian sets comes with <4.5 which WAS compatible with flash carts. But you updated. So nope.

josh_axey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FYI Target stores here (Aus) seem to hold plentiful stock of 4.1 firmware units. I have had several (and I mean several) units purchased for myself, and a few for friends - all on 4.1.

Perhaps, take it back to your retailer stating a problem with it or some such story - get a refund, then re-enter the 3DS lucky dip and see if you can purchase another <4.5 unit.

Last new unit on 4.1 was purchased 1 month ago from a local Target.

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Never EVER download updates when you first buy the console. Always check what software is hackable and how to safely update the console.

I feel sorry for you, but still you can sell the 3ds and get a used 4.5 easily :)

SolarisHeights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel pretty bummed out right now, I got mine from JB hi fi. I'm thinking of what to say to them should I return it. :( Thanks for the advice though.

Hey do you mind sharing the store? =/

Never ever will I download updates again! What mayhem

josh_axey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I feel pretty bummed out right now, I got mine from JB hi fi. I'm thinking of what to say to them should I return it. :( Thanks for the advice though.

I took an unsuccessful firmware version purchase back to them (PS Vita mind you) and stated that the unit was turning off randomly when running games and apps, with an audible pop from the speakers when it did.
They accepted the refund, no further questions asked - and did not fiddle with the unit to test it. I recommend a method similar to this, if you are OK with it morally. Aus consumer laws protect you here as they cannot reasonably deny the refund.

Good luck!

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
How long ago did you purchase it?
Maybe try saying that it was the wrong firmware when you purchased it so someone must have unsealed the box. Or something along these lines. Just dont do it if they are busy. :D

b00100100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I took an unsuccessful firmware version purchase back to them (PS Vita mind you) and stated that the unit was turning off randomly when running games and apps, with an audible pop from the speakers when it did.
They accepted the refund, no further questions asked - and did not fiddle with the unit to test it. I recommend a method similar to this, if you are OK with it morally. Aus consumer laws protect you here as they cannot reasonably deny the refund.

Good luck!

^ that's a good idea :)

SolarisHeights

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's well within the 90 day period and that reason sounds plausible enough to work! I couldn't think of something better myself tbh! Thank you a lot person :] I will call them up 2 marrow and try to get it exchanged/refunded. Thank you everyone this forum is great.

I might try the firmware reason too to add to this, wish me luck guys and ty again :]

josh_axey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's well within the 90 day period and that reason sounds plausible enough to work! I couldn't think of something better myself tbh! Thank you a lot person :] I will call them up 2 marrow and try to get it exchanged/refunded. Thank you everyone this forum is great.

I might try the firmware reason too to add to this, wish me luck guys and ty again :]

You're welcome. Let us know how you go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.