Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Hi

I spilt a droplet of sticky soda while playing my new Nintendo 3DS the not XL version. I sneezed with some soda in my mouth not a whole mouthful.

I cleaned it up. But in top right corner dust is sticking to the touchscreen. I used a bit of plastic to get the dust out. But I noticed the edge of the plastic I used became sticky.

How do I clean this as touchscreen become unresponsive.

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Unideal,

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You probably have to open it up and clean the board.
Is there any other way. I can't open up the board as the previous owner stripped a few screws on the back housing.

It worked for a while after using the plastic which was a good sign but after a while it froze again. I went into touchscreen calibration and it is the top right corner which was the problem.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any other way. I can't open up the board as the previous owner stripped a few screws on the back housing.

It worked for a while after using the plastic which was a good sign but after a while it froze again. I went into touchscreen calibration and it is the top right corner which was the problem.

You would have to open it up and check for damage to the board since you spoil soda over the screen that got under the screen through the small gap.

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
You would have to open it up and check for damage to the board since you spoil soda over the screen that got under the screen through the small gap.
No the 3ds turns on and everything works until the touchscreen issue occurs. My understanding is that if there was liquid damage it won't even turn on.

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
A droplet won't kill it, but at least it broke your touchscreen so that is that.
Just an update.

I used r4 card to play legend of Zelda spirit tracks a DS touchscreen game. It played well with no touchscreen issues or buttons issue. But as soon as I exited the r4 card. The issue came back where touchscreen become unresponsive and all buttons apart from c-stick and zr/zl become unresponsive.

This only happens on the home screen. From reading of others opinions it's the motherboard which is an issues.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
From reading of others opinions it's the motherboard which is an issues.
What opinions have you been reading? What you are describing is completely expected for a touchscreen that has something stuck on it somewhere. You either need to get a new touchscreen (or more precisely, a "digitizer") or you need to clean the one you have better.

a_username_that_isnt_cool

Well-Hated Member (Also)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What opinions have you been reading? What you are describing is completely expected for a touchscreen that has something stuck on it somewhere. You either need to get a new touchscreen (or more precisely, a "digitizer") or you need to clean the one you have better.
Actually he said it only happens on the Home Menu. I smell custom Home Menus somewhere.

Unideal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yes, I read that. And that is, once again, completely expected for a touchscreen that has something stuck on it somewhere.

I don't believe I'm familiar with any "custom Home Menus" causing a problem like that, certainly.
Hi thanks for your input. The screen and buttons work for a few minutes when 3ds has been left powered off for a while, after a few minutes they stop working. Sometimes the cursor would start moving by itself but that hasn't happened in a while. I still have sound. There is no custom home menu the system hasn't been hacked. It was on 9.0 firmware before I updated it. I did the screen calibration and it went fine. I will try to link the thread where testerfan helped a user out, the solution was to replace the motherboard as a chip went bad.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited by Unideal,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: wtf bunny