ROM Hack I read that the Nintendo Bonus items in PS0 are not in the US Version

mipe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Actually, it's like this:

Original version had Warp Pipes, US version has Bazooka.

If you have US version, and party with somebody with the J version and they have Warp Pipe, you will see it as Bazooka. If you have Bazooka, the J players will see it as the Warp Pipe.

The items are exactly same, expect the name and model is changed. Only way to get things like, Miku Leek into US version would be changing the models.

KAge56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mipe said:
Actually, it's like this:

Original version had Warp Pipes, US version has Bazooka.

If you have US version, and party with somebody with the J version and they have Warp Pipe, you will see it as Bazooka. If you have Bazooka, the J players will see it as the Warp Pipe.

The items are exactly same, expect the name and model is changed. Only way to get things like, Miku Leek into US version would be changing the models.
exactly what reason was this done for?
I don't see the point of remove the stuff since:
1. it's part of the game
2. we don't want to pay for a trimmed down version
3. we want it
4. we're buying the game
5. it serves no purpose besides increasing the time it took to bring the game out

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
removing items takes as long as hitting the del key

i guess its a copyright thing, since PS0 is from sega, metroid and mario from nintendo etc.
and if you dont life in japan, mixing together stuff is expensive and terrible (see the jump games..)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Possibly licensing issues...
SEGA Japan and Nintendo of Japan might have an agreement that SEGA US and Nintendo of America don't have.
While SEGA US is owned by SEGA Japan, and NoA is owned by NoJ, they are more or less separate entities and have different laws applied to them based on the country they operate in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?