I plan on getting a Slot 2 card.

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by ssmatt, Jul 6, 2009.

Jul 6, 2009
  1. ssmatt
    OP

Newcomer ssmatt Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    At the moment I have a DS Lite with CycloDS, and it's great for everything I want. One thing I can't do and do want is GBA Emulation, so I will need a slot 2 card.

From what I can gather all I need to do is get the Supercard or EZflash 3 in 1 (or something better that evaded my attention), and then set the CycloDS to boot it, and I'll be able to play GBA games.

First of all is that correct, and if so, which Slot 2 card would you reccomend?

2. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    It is true, and the one I would recommend is the one you already know about: EZflash 3 in 1

Heres an mental exercise, go to googel, type in the words "cyclods and 3 in 1"
    You will find videos, websites, forums, hundreds of sources of information on how this works. If you want to buy one go to dealexetreme.

3. ssmatt
    OP

Newcomer ssmatt Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Excellent. Thanks for the help.

4. Fatboy12345236

Member Fatboy12345236 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I believe (not certain) that the slot-2 cards do not emulate but GBAEXPLoader loads the GBA Rom into the Slot-2 device and lauches booting of the GBA BIOS therefore when you boot using a slot-2 it is not emulation but like a completly legit game...

5. mysticdrake

Newcomer mysticdrake Member

Canada
    Actually, with the CycloDS, there was a firmware update several months back that allow it to play GBA roms natively with an EZFlash 3 in 1 without the need for GBAXploder. It would be the simplest cart to get. The Supercard lite (not lit rumble, because it does not play gba roms) has a chance of psram erroring, which is not fixable; EZflash lite deluxe (not just EZFlash lite for the same reasons as Supercard lite rumble) and M3 lite perfect (not m3 lite yada yada yada) works too. However, all of these you have to use software specific programs to load on the roms onto the microsd within the slot-2 flashcart. though all, execpt for the m3 lite perfect, cost about the same.