Gaming I need your opinions on Professor Lantrec game.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found this $19.99 brand new, just wondering how this game is. One review I read was shit but can't decide solely on 1 review. Ddi anyone buy this? how was it? blatant Layton rip-off? (don't care if the game is good)
Waaaaaiiiitttt..... you dont CARE if the game is good whats the point of telling you about it?

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I agree. If you don't care if its good just play it for yourself.

I've finished the game. It's not bad but not great either. If you're expecting it to be a Layton clone it's not even close.
To really enjoy this game, stop comparing it to Professor Layton. Just don't. You'll bitch and cry about it like the many negative reviews you will read.
In a nutshell, (I'll just describe it to other games that many have played to understand what to expect from this game), the game is somewhat of a Pokemon/Layton kind of feel. You search for treasure Animatus which are just relics of objects with spiritual powers. The puzzles are like 5+ types with god knows how many variations of it. Nothing special.
What you should know about this game:
You will not be able to skip the cutscenes.
You won't be able to play the main storyline by itself. It actually forces you to do the side quests in order to progress the main story.
Why? The boss Animatus is too strong for each chapter. It be nearly impossible (for me it was) to attempt.
Also if you leave the labyrinth via the main entrance, everything will reset (labyrinth puzzles that you solved already and all that jazz).

However if you can be bothered to finish the game from beginning to end with side quests, it's mediocre with the story (it's childish and funny). I liked it but I don't think many share that view. Plus by doing the side quests it sheds ONLY a little light on each character that is introduced in the game. I don't think there's much else to add to that.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I meant I don't care if it's a Layton rip-off IF the game is good. I haven't played it so I don't know how this game is. that's what I was asking guise
Oh, you should keep away from /b/. It seems to be ruining your grammars.
I laughed at this, in a way that was described as 'evil'

Anyway the game is OK, if it's cheap it's a good little time waster but don't expect it to be exactly like Layton. Think Dokapon to Laytons Pokemon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: