Gaming I need urgent help with viruses

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so im must have done something very very wrong...ill describe my problem

OK i was downloading a torrent last night and i let it run throughout the night, then i had to go somewhere with my family for 5 hours, when i come back to check on the computer this is what i see,

a pop up for a anti-virus program that's not free, 50 pron websites, some scanner saying i have worms,trojans and other viruses that are high or critical, 100+ red shield icons, and i can access the web but i keep getting pop ups and i can't use any programs on my control panels and i cant use my outdated anti-virus program...please help i already read the sticky for this but i can't use the things i download

P.S: using another computer

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, because you can access the web, go and google Malware-Bytes Malware Remover, and let it scan the whole computer. Tell if it does anything.

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thoob said:
zuriel102 said:
juggernaut911 said:
Boot in safe mode, use malware bytes, install a decent AV (I use MSE), click on all the popups!
I'll try right now.
He doesn't actually mean click on all the popups - you do know that dont you?

I know i was just booting up in safe mode trying to use the malware anti-bytes but i get Run-Time error '0'
Edit: now i get Run-time error '440'
Edit2: I couldn't update my other av but i can run it which im doing right now, any other things i should do?

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
sounds like your .Net may be weird.

download the .Net redistributable on a diff comp, use thumb drive to drag over, install, reboot (in safe made... this whole method should be in SM), try again

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
juggernaut911 said:
sounds like your .Net may be weird.

download the .Net redistributable on a diff comp, use thumb drive to drag over, install, reboot (in safe made... this whole method should be in SM), try again

I'm sorry im not that computer savvy, what is .NET?
I have windows XP if that helps...
Can you send me a link to the download, if it's against site rules i understand.

Edit: ok so my smart scan found 50 cookies under category private object, TAI (dont know what that is) is 3, action removed.
I assume i should do some more scans and do other things

Edit2: crud the computer im using is a dinosaur, it doesn't have a thumb drive. I'd have to use a library computer or something like that.

Edit3: they're going to have to make a new shade of red if i can't fix the computer lol.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rydian's Solution to most virus problems That's all you're going to need
biggrin.gif

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
BitDefender Rescue USB

That should help you out. BitDefender is a trusted antiirus, its rescue CD is free and that page will show you how to put on a bootable USB.

thanks i'll try it if i can find a USB

QUOTE(.Radiant @ Feb 27 2010, 07:28 PM) get into safe mode and use one of the online scanners. eset's or panda's for example.

What's is better eset or panda and are they AV's?

fairlyevenparents

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hakoda said:
zuriel102 said:
.Radiant said:
get into safe mode and use one of the online scanners. eset's or panda's for example.

What's is better eset or panda and are they AV's?
ESET. and yes they are. ESET Online Scan

What if Microsoft windows malicious software removal tool - feb. 2010 says i have "no malicious software detected"
Am i OK to boot up the regular way?

Edit: used the full scan
Edit2: still didn't work with my scan so ill try using the other ones suggested

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
with my exp, any antivirus even if they works, after all your computer system will be still modified, at end i always reinstalled with a clean system and later first thing install a good antivirus, before i used kapersky but recently i changed to antivir , seems all ok these antivirus, from past experience i avoid norton mcafee or microsoft products..

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Find a non-infected computer with internet access. Make sure you cut off any network access from the Infected machine (We don't want this to propagate do we!?)

Download SystemRescueCD from here (It's a Linux based live-cd rescue utility), download the iso of it and burn it to a non-rewritable disk (You'll need to use a program that can burn isos, copy and pasting the iso into the cd won't just work). Don't worry, it's free.

The one you want is the one entitled SystemRescueCd-x86-1.4.0

SystemRescueCD has ClamAV, which is an antivirus for Linux. It just so happens that ClamAV can detect Windows Viruses as well. You also have the added benefit of immunity from Windows Viruses since you are running this from a Live CD, which cannot be written to, and henceforth cannot be infected. In fact Windows Viruses don't affect Linux at all.

You may have to mount your drive first though in Nautilus or whatever file browser SystemRescueCD uses. Do not worry, Linux is again immune from effects of Windows Viruses, and even if it wasn't, you're running it from a Live CD, so the virus couldn't infect the CD anyway

Hopefully it'll be able to detect whatevers on there, or at least a good amount of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-