I need someone to confirm this

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Keeley, Mar 20, 2009.

Mar 20, 2009
  1. Keeley
    OP

Member Keeley GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    This is kinda a DS question but really its a Wii question as it pretty much revolves around the Wii so plz bear with me and confirm that I can do this.

Today i bought a Lexar Mirco SDHC 4GB card and i realized that it won't work on my SD card reader and I can't return it as I already opened it and i would rather not buy a SDHC reader as it's my last resort. So The Homebrew Channel can support SDHC right? and so does FTPii so theoretically can i put the card in Wii and put transfer my DSTT files thru FTPii? I would try this now but Dad's on the "main" computer and i need to go to bed soon so can someone plz help my confirm that this works?

2. Valgreen

Member Valgreen GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    it should work.. but i dont own a DS so i cant give you a definitive answer...

ah shit, double post. sorry mods, connection was being screwy there.

3. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    ok i'm pretty sure that is will work but i can't get FTPii to work so i need help, i'm tried afif95's guide but its all good till i try to connect to the Wii, i tried it on Windows Explorer but then it asks for a password but i never put in a pass! so i just press enter but then it says its wrong! ( i also tried it with FireFTP but same result, wrong pass ) the file is name ftpii_0.0.15 if that matters ( i know that there is a higher version but bear in mind that i need to transfer my DS homebrew files ) plz help as i don't want to buy another SD card Reader.

4. koji2009

Member koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I never had a problem asking for files... but then again I used firefox which I couldn't figure out how to upload to ftpii with so I doubt that'll help you.

5. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    K now that i have time on my hands ( i took a shower i'm pretty sure that all you needed to know that )
    I'll tell you what i did step-by-step

1. I used sendelf to send FTPii over to the Wii ( IP address was: 192.168.0.102 )
    2. After I did that i went to internet explorer and typed in ftp://192.168.0.102:21 and asked for me to log in and that where i had trouble as according to afif95's guide leave the username blank and put in my pass which now i tried "12345" ( the folder is now named ftpii_12345, so the pass should be 12345 but i don't get how that works since i'm sending the boot.dol to the wii now the folder... ) and then i type in 12345 as my pass and then it said that it was wrong any sugesstions?

Afif95's guide is http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=121408 i couldn't use the "insert link" button i dunno why.

6. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    k i've manage to get it sorta to work on Internet Explorer but each time i try to open it as a window it results in a error asking if i have permisson, but yeah... i still can't get it to work on fireFTP thou..

7. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    K here is my step-by-step with pics so its easier to follow

1. Sending FTPii over with TCP Loader
    [​IMG]
    2. Connecting to FTPii
    [​IMG]
    3. Going into the Directory
    [​IMG]
    4. In the Directory
    [​IMG]

Now what? If i try to open it as a folder this happens
    [​IMG]

But the Window is still here so what happens when i click and drag?
    [​IMG]

So what happens on the Wii during this time? Here is the log of what happened
    [​IMG]

Can someone help me plz i really don't want to buy an SDHC card reader, or someone till me that this donsn't work but i'm pretty sure that it will but the thing that i worry about is that it won't work on a microSD but i should...

8. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    anyone? lol echo echo echo help plz help plz

Edit: According to here you must use "Windows Explorer not Internet Explorer" haha lemme see if that works

9. Keeley
    OP

Canada
    k i think i got it to work now but i have a question does the SD folder is that the root of the sd card or the root inthe the sd folder i'm pretty sure that it is in the SD folder as acoording to the guide so i think i'm ok thanx for all your help guys even thou this thread had me mainly talking to myself [​IMG] cept for koji2009 and valgreen thanx guys

10. afif95

Member afif95 I own a bungalow on Mars, and booked 4 corner lots

Malaysia
    Dude, this place is not a BLOG.

Anyway your problem is.

1)the folder's name is "ftpii_0.0.15", anything after the underscore will be the PASSWORD. So delete the underscore. Common sense, use it please.

2)SD folder is the root, durr. I thought I noted that in my guide

3)ftp://192.168.0.102/