I need some help..

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Fraser, Nov 30, 2012.

Nov 30, 2012

I need some help.. by Fraser at 12:12 PM (367 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Fraser
    OP

Newcomer Fraser Newbie

United Kingdom
    Ok i am fairly new to this concept of having flash cards on 3ds consoles.
    I had a ds lite with an r4 but thats about as far as my knowledge will stretch.

Basically i ordered an r4i gold plus card from r4town. They sent me an email saying they were out of stock but instead they could send an r4i sdhc 3ds card and an r4i gold card.

Will these work on my 3ds when i get it? assuming it comes packages with old firmware. If i want to update the firmware of these cards do i require an old ds system?

Any information on these cards would be greatly appreciated!

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Names don't mean everything, the site printed on the front of the carts is often the best clue as to which model a cart actually is.

They'll work on your 3DS if they've been updated at least as far as your 3DS's firmware. We don't work for the shop, so we can't tell you if they've been updated before being shipped or not.

Also, you should have read the stickies here and aimed for a suggested cart from a suggested shop to avoid this...

3. boombox

Member boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I wouldn't even bother with R4 as there are too many clones out there. I'd go with Supercard DSTWO, they are the best flashcard out there that works on the 3DS.

But obviously if you've already answered and not cancelled your order my advice is worthless >___<

4. Fraser
    OP

Newcomer Fraser Newbie

United Kingdom
    Well i know that the r4 gold plus card is a good one to buy as you can directly update the firmware of it with your computer, if you happen to block it by updating your 3ds.
    Its a shame that they didn't have it in stock and im stuck with these two cards that im clueless about.
    Thanks for your help