I need some help!

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Nyuugen, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Hello there. Once again, I've got a problem.

You see, I managed to backup my NDS games with Wood Dumper, but how do I backup .sav files? I've tried everything: DSaveManager, Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool, SavSender...

Is there anyone out there who knows what I can do? I'm desperate for help...

2. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Seriously, isn't there anyone who knows how to do this? I really need help here!

EDIT:

OK, how do I setup Rudolph's NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi, then?

3. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    It's rude to bump your own topic after 3 hours. Normally, I wouldn't care but you got me in a semi-good mood.

First, what hardware are you using/have access to? (DS model, which cart, have a 3in1)
    Second, what game are you trying to save?
    Third, when using the apps, what sort of error do you have/get?

4. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Hm? It is? Sorry about that, then. I was angry because I couldn't get it to work.

1. I have a DS Lite. I also have a R4DS and a Supercard DSTWO. I don't have a Slot 2 device or a 3-in-1.
    2. I'm trying to save a lot of games, like Mario Party DS, Pokémon Platinum, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, etc. However, I've only tried with Mario Party DS so far.
    3. Well, with SavSender, I just keep on getting "."-marks right after eachother, and it loads for over thirty minutes. It can't possibly take that long for a savefile to transfer.
    With Rudolph's Backup Tool Wi-Fi, I get a "ROM-being-dumped-bar", which stays still for awhile, and then I get an error message that I should try again (both when dumping saves and games).
    With DSaveManager, I can't even get it to work... Any help?

EDIT: Actually, I don't really remember what happened in DSaveManager, but I know I couldn't get it to work.

5. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Anyone?

6. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Oh, and I also tried SaveGameManager, but that didn't work either. Isn't there anyone who knows how to do this?

7. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Wrong section.
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=40

Have you followed all the steps for running save sender?
    As for the large number of full stops, that's supposed to happen. It can been seen in the picture below.
    [​IMG]

8. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Wh-what's that...?! That's not the instructions I found... In fact, the ones I found made me do the "port forwarding" on my router.

Also, after it says "Connecting to server", it says "error!", but I guess that was just because I followed the wrong instructions.

How long is the dumping of a save supposed to take, anyway?

9. kevan

kevan Imagination rules the world

Dec 4, 2009
    Place
    Dude your pushing it, Ive never even seen a triple post before until now.

10. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Really, now? How interesting.

11. Undiscovered.Lin

Undiscovered.Lin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2011
    Leicester, UK
    Why don't use just use a SD Card Reader Copy and Paste the .sav files to where desired and when you get further in the game then just delete the old and replace...
    I know it isn't a proper way to do it but it is pure and simple and very easy to do instead of faffing! [​IMG]

12. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    You misunderstand me - what I want is to copy the .sav files directly from my Nintendo DS game cartridge, not from my flashcart. If that was the case, I wouldn't create a thread for it. I'm not stupid, you know.

13. soulx

soulx GBAtemp Legend

Apr 4, 2009
    Canada
    Well, that depends on your Wi-Fi connection. It takes about 5-10 minutes for me.

Try the new instructions and see if it works.

14. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Thank you, I'll do that.

What I've done before is to do it with SavReciever / NetCat, and I had to do "port forwarding", which I don't quite understand.

15. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Uh, it didn't work. I set everything, it said "dumping", and it said it finished, but I couldn't find the save file in the c:\temp folder. What do I do now?

16. Nyuugen
    OP

Nyuugen Member

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2011
    Never mind, I got it to work, but I had to use NetCat... FTP didn't work.