Hacking I need some catching up please, I got 1 stock 4.5 OG3DS and 1 A9HL'd 11.2 N3DS (+Avoiding Bans??)

Owl Whiskey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been gone from the scene for a while, so sorry if this type of question has been answered many times but I would just appreciate knowing that the info I'm getting is up-to-date.

So I got an OG3DS with 4.5.0-10U installed and was wondering how I would go about installing CFW, backups, and such. Just the basics (It's for a child)

On a side note I have a N3DS with 11.2.0-35U A9HL and I believe it had Luma 7.0 installed, is there anything that I need to do now? I've heard about a B9S/Boot9Strap, is that needed in order to update the system (the n3ds) and luma?

And on the side of that side note I was banned on my N3DS for using "Unauthorized Software" online, I've heard that there are public friend seeds that I can install to basically share an online account with other users online, if I were to go down that route how could I prevent myself from getting banned? (This would apply to the OG3DS as well, would rather not get banned there)

Thank you to whomever takes time to answer my questions, it's much appreciated. Please let me know if I can clarify anything.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Go to https://3ds.guide , specifically, here, for the O3DS. I was on 4.5 with Gateway as well, it's relatively easy to update to the B9S method.
As for the 11.2 N3DS, follow this guide.

As for not getting banned, follow the precautions shown that pop up everywhere on https://3ds.guide . Also, this is worth a read (the OP only).
In general, turn off spotpass, and don't set your favourite app to something like FBI. Personally, unless I'm playing online, I keep WiFi disabled completely.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't play out of region cias or custom cias (homebrew and vc injects) while connected to the internet and you wont get banned

I recommend using rosalina hb menu for homebrew. This requires boot9strap 1.2

Owl Whiskey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help, however I don't have a gateway and the only card I have is an Ace3DS Plus which doesn't seem compatible with 4.5 (an error has occured). I do however have OOT, could I install a hacked save from my N3DS and then access the homebrew channel on the OG3DS and run the SafeB9SInstaller? or any other method?

Owl Whiskey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you once again for the help, I have successfully installed luma but there is one more thing, does Region Free count as out of region? I can't find a cia file that is just USA, just USA RF. If I were to use that game online would there be any possibility of being banned if the system is USA? I tried googling for an answer but came across nothing that pertained to me. Thanks in advance to everyone.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you once again for the help, I have successfully installed luma but there is one more thing, does Region Free count as out of region? I can't find a cia file that is just USA, just USA RF. If I were to use that game online would there be any possibility of being banned if the system is USA? I tried googling for an answer but came across nothing that pertained to me. Thanks in advance to everyone.
USA RF means the region of the game is USA but has been patched as region free so will work on EU and JAP consoles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol