Hacking Please help. Did I brick my 2DS?

lynbutnot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry you felt the need to include this paragraph. I'd like to think that you won't get picked on here as we all make mistakes and helping newbies and sharing information is what it's all about here. As you can see from those helping you right now.

It seems like you're already on the right track here. I wish you the best of luck!
Thank you so much. I was really surprised to see how many people responded and were so nice about it; somehow, I definitely had the wrong idea about the site. I guess I've been especially down on myself lately so if nothing else I've been taught to cut myself a break. Thank you again, and to everyone else for their patience/kindness :)

Come join the club. You're not the only one who has gotten the cold shoulder asking for help elsewhere. Which subreddit was it that was deleting your posts?
I really don't know why I thought Reddit was a good idea? Thinking back on it, most of the things I've had trouble with and researched brought me here. I first went to r/3dshacks and r/3dspiracy. The mods deleted the first because you're not supposed to ask help questions on the main subreddit, and the other because they said it didn't relate to piracy. Technically my fault because I didn't read the rules, but, you know.
  • Go into the [1:] SYSNAND CTRNAND/dbs directory.
  • Press (A) on ticket.dbCopy to 0:/gm9/out.
  • Press (A) on ticket.bakCopy to 0:/gm9/out.
  • Hold (R)-shoulder and press (X) on ticket.bak. Rename this to ticket.db.
    • This will restore your original ticket database.
  • Repair your 3DS firmware + custom firmware with CTRTransfer (Type D9) - CTRTransfer.
    • This is not the same CTRTransfer mentioned in step 6.
    • Please carefully read and follow that page's Instructions.
    • You can keep whatever region changed 3DS firmware you switched over to.
    • Games, saves, and user profile settings should be retained.

Anyway, about the important stuff. IT WORKED. It worked. You did it. I have my saves. I really cannot thank you enough, you're my hero. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. :bow:You also may have restored my faith in humanity. Beside the point.

Okay!! So now I have my saves. Unfortunately, everyone, all this didn't fix the initial problem I had in the very first place:
Flipnote still won't open and Homebrew is still in Japanese.
In that case, what do I do? Is this something I have to live with, or is it worth it to try to restore the SysNAND I had from years ago and just reinstall my games since I can now backup my saves?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, about the important stuff. IT WORKED. It worked. You did it. I have my saves. I really cannot thank you enough, you're my hero. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. :bow:You also may have restored my faith in humanity. Beside the point.

Okay!! So now I have my saves. Unfortunately, everyone, all this didn't fix the initial problem I had in the very first place:
Flipnote still won't open and Homebrew is still in Japanese.
In that case, what do I do? Is this something I have to live with, or is it worth it to try to restore the SysNAND I had from years ago and just reinstall my games since I can now backup my saves?
I'm no good with any of the seedminer related stuff.

Take it from here @KleinesSinchen!

Edit 1 - About the Error code: 0xc8804471 ,
  1. Hold (SELECT) button while turning on o2DS → Luma3DS v#.# configuration
    • (x) Enable game patching
    • (x) Show NAND or user string in System Settings
  2. For whichever game that requires Luma Locale Emulation, use the homebrew app LumaLocaleSwitcher.
    • * Note: Not all out of region games require locale emulation.
    • sdmc:/luma/titles/000400000XXXXX00/locale.txt
    • Code:
      RRR LL
    • 000400000XXXXX00 = title id
    • RRR = region ( JPN, USA, EUR, AUS, CHN, KOR, TWN )
    • LL = language ( JP, EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, ZH, KO, NL, PT, RU, TW )
Edit 3 - You can also try Reset all to System Default in LumaLocaleSwitcher.
Edit 4 - In Windows File Explorer, go in the sdmc:/luma/titles directory, type in 'locale.txt' in the search bar, and manually delete them all to reset all titles to their original ( region & language ) system default.

Edit 2 - Are you trying to play out-of-region Flipnote Studio 3D (USA) on JPN firmware?

-or-

Do you have an issue with the DSiWare version of Flipnote?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
You may not like to follow this advice if it conflicts with anything that TPC or KS say, but in your situation I would :
  • Back up all your saves now
  • Move them onto a PC/cloud storage
  • Make a new NAND backup and copy of your SD card and store on a computer or in cloud storage
  • Restore your very old NAND backup
  • Delete everything on your SD card except the 3ds folder, boot.3dsx and boot.firm (and maybe luma folder if that has locale stuff in it) (this is just so you don't waste space with games you aren't planning to install, where the game files will still be there but can't be used)
  • Install all your games again or at least the ones you want to play
  • Restore their saves
  • Carry on using your console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta buy store brand hoes too