Recent games won't work on my up to date 3ds

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dante2405, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Dante2405
    OP

Dante2405 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Hi,
    my 3ds is on 11.7.0-40E, Luma 9.0-2a840f2, B9S up to date (kinda sure but can't check)

I tried a lot of different versions of Sushi Striker but they all crash on launch. Error code: 0xc8804471.
    The Wario Ware demo crashes on launch. Prefetch abort (svcBreak).
    Dillon's works but any text is replace by "$$$text empty$$$".

Other old and recent games work perfectly.

Is it due to my recent update to 11.7? Anyone else got the same issues? Know what to do?

2. NiMR0D9TIN85

NiMR0D9TIN85 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 10, 2014
    Philippines
    Philippines

Hi I think the problem is that both game Sushi Striker and Dillion is for US console only, because I have a EU New3DS and a US 2DS and on my son 2DS which is US it works fine but on my N3ds Shushi Striker gives me and error while Dillion gives me that empty text.

3. Barawer

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Israel
    Israel
    try enabling game patches in luma and following this:|

• Locale Emulation: While Luma3DS allows games from all regions to be played via region-free patches, some games will freeze or crash if outside their expected region/locale. To fix this, Luma3DS allows emulating your locale.
      • To use this feature, create a locale.txt inside /luma/titles/TID/ file. Edit this text file to include the region (JPN, USA, EUR, AUS, CHN, KOR, TWN) and language (JP, EN, FR, DE, IT, ES, ZH, KO, NL, PT, RU, TW) separated by space. For example, to play Pok√©mon Y in the Japanese language and region, I would place a locale.txt in /luma/titles/0004000000055E00 containing the contents JPN JP
      • Note: This level of locale emulation is not sufficient for some games; to fix this, improved locale emulation was introduced in Luma3DS v8.0, allowing you to specify a country and state ID (2-digit hex integer), i.e. a European locale.txt played in French would have the contents EUR FR FR 01. This extended locale emulation is not necessary in most cases.

4. Dante2405
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks for the quick answers Glad to know it's a known issue. I'l try the fix right know. :)

Edit: And it worked like a charm. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Dante2405, Jul 11, 2018
  5. dubsmachine

dubsmachine Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    Germany
    Frankfurt, Germany
    I have the same issue with these two games...
    did you create a file called locale.txt and the contents were "USA EN"?

Where exactly did you place the file? Following instructions I have made directories /luma/titles/ but where do I find the title ID number?

6. Dante2405
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    To bee fair I was struggling with the "doing it myself part".
    Looking around (google), I found a .cia that do it for you with a really easy interface.
    It's a bit late where I am right now but i'll look for the name tomorrow and give it to you. You can find it on GBATemp anyway. It's the same logo as the luma updater but in blue. It allows you to go through all your tittles and change the region and language of each of it. Doesn't work if you don't allow Luma to enable patched.

Again, sorry I don't remember the name right know I look for it tomorrow.

7. Barawer

Barawer GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2016
    Israel
    Israel
    Luma Locale Changer, just make sure the path is right

8. Dante2405
    OP

Newcomer
    Jul 17, 2017
    Australia
    Thanks Baramer. That's what I used. Couldn't remember the name.

9. dubsmachine

dubsmachine Member

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2017
    Germany
    Frankfurt, Germany
    thanks,
    I found an eu version of the rom but will download the Luma region changer as I had it a few rom in the past.