Hacking Some questions from a newcomer before I hack my switch?

G0R3Z

Just Can't Be Bothered
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm used to hacking other consoles, such as my Vita, PS4, PS3 and Wii/WiiU. I've not made the jump to hacking my unpatched launch switch yet. I plan to do it, I've read up on guides and I generally know all of the 'basic stuff' but there's a few things that haven't been cleared up in all of these FAQs. So if anyone kind enough would be willing to answer them? I'm a quick study so even a good google link that I might've missed should give me what I need.

• How do I update the firmware on the Switch's EmuNAND after making one? Is it as simple as going to the normal unhacked portion and updating, or does it need to be updated separately. Also, how does updating work if I'm unlucky to get banned?
  • What is the real risk of getting Banned nowadays, if i'm using an EMUnand, Exosphere to block Ninty Servers and such?
  • How do all of the different formats work? There's XCI (Cart dumps I'm aware) and NSP (similar to Digital downloads?) but there's stuff like NSZs and stuff too. Which is the preferred one to install on a hacked switch?
  • What are all of the extra apps that are absolutely essential to have nowadays?
  • I've heard the term Sigpatches referring to playing 'backup' games. Can this be explained a bit?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm used to hacking other consoles, such as my Vita, PS4, PS3 and Wii/WiiU. I've not made the jump to hacking my unpatched launch switch yet. I plan to do it, I've read up on guides and I generally know all of the 'basic stuff' but there's a few things that haven't been cleared up in all of these FAQs. So if anyone kind enough would be willing to answer them? I'm a quick study so even a good google link that I might've missed should give me what I need.

• How do I update the firmware on the Switch's EmuNAND after making one? Is it as simple as going to the normal unhacked portion and updating, or does it need to be updated separately. Also, how does updating work if I'm unlucky to get banned?
  • What is the real risk of getting Banned nowadays, if i'm using an EMUnand, Exosphere to block Ninty Servers and such?
  • How do all of the different formats work? There's XCI (Cart dumps I'm aware) and NSP (similar to Digital downloads?) but there's stuff like NSZs and stuff too. Which is the preferred one to install on a hacked switch?
  • What are all of the extra apps that are absolutely essential to have nowadays?
  • I've heard the term Sigpatches referring to playing 'backup' games. Can this be explained a bit?
Your thread was answered here. For future reference, please use that thread for any noob-related questions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-