I need some answers please.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ostil, Feb 21, 2009.

Feb 21, 2009

I need some answers please. by Ostil at 9:04 PM (689 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Ostil
    OP

Newcomer Ostil Newbie

Canada
    Hey everyone.

I'm trying to get some cheat code thingies for a game but I'm totally new at this stuff and what I'm going to write probably makes no sense at all. But I'm getting pretty frustrated trying to understand what I"m suppose to do. I've been reading all these tutorials and I can't seem to figure out how to connect them all. So...first things first:

I'm using the X9 Ninjapass Evolution. I never see anyone talk about it. It's always the R4 and stuff, so I'm assuming the X9 is some..brother form of one of those? If so, which one? Because there are tutorials for different cards and I have NO idea which one to follow.

Okay with that out of the way haha...so I downloaded that r4cce cheat editor thing because I saw someone posted the cheat code information for DQ5. This thing:

YV5P 9D159278
    0200819C E3A00000
    020081A0 E12FFF1E

I also downloaded that uhh...updated complete cheat list thing and opened it with the r4cce and followed that tutorial on how to add another cheat to a game. However, I'm not sure where to add the 0200819C, E3A00000 etc. part since there are eight boxes. Okay so I'm assuming that's what I have to do.

So ... if I'm right, I'm guessing I just copy the CHEAT.dat file thing into my TFsystem folder on my X9 card and away we go. However, I tried and still didn't work. I'm pretty sure I'm just doing random stuff in hopes of some good results.

Final question! Do I have to download a specifc ROM that matches with the game ID of those cheat lists or do all the roms online kinda share the same ID thing. Because I noticed that the game ID from here was YV5P for DQ5 but it shows on my DS as VB5B whenI run it. I thought maybe...it won't work...sicne they're not the same.

Okay so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. I just need some guidance haha...thanks for reading. [​IMG]

-Ostil-

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    X9 doesn't come with any cheat system! so using any .dat doesn't help!
    you need to PATCH the game in order to run the game
    pay the DQ V thread a visit over this section --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=40

3. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    X9 doesn't come with any cheat system! so using any .dat doesn't help!
    you need to PATCH the game in order to run the game
    pay the DQ V thread a visit over this section --> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showforum=40

4. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore