Hacking I NEED HELP!!!!!

CloudyJoe191988

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm sorry if some of these things have been addressed elsewhere, but I'm very new to the softmod scene, and I assumed that my problem would be pretty unique. I'll try to be as concise as possible:

I've got a 4.3 U wii, so I hacked it with the Smash Stack exploit. I followed the instructions in the complete softmod guide to the letter, and at the end of my first attempt I had successfully installed HBC, bootmii (though I can't quite get it to work the way I think it's supposed to, but that didn't worry me), restored the trucha bug, installed cios 249/250, a couple of working usb loaders (usb loader gx, Configurable usb loader, and wiiloader) and managed to play a few backed-up games from my usb drive.

I tried to play Monster Hunter 3, and had the freeze/high-pitched noise problem. I tried to load ios 222 using multi-mod manager, but it wouldn't load because it was a stub. So then I went and got the Hermes ios 222 installer v4, but everytime I would select use ios 222, my wiimote would disconnect. It would stay connected if I picked a different ios, it would only disconnect if I picked ios 222. (I tried a few other ios that succeeded, and I have no idea what I may have changed in the process.)

I then got the bright idea that if I deleted ios 222 and 223 with MMM, then I could just install them fresh, so that's what I did. Of course then, when I would go to the Hermes installer, I couldn't select 222 or 223 anymore.

Incidentally, while still trying to tackle the Monster Hunter problem I read a solution that said just to install cios rev19 as opposed to the rev17 that I initially installed. when I tried that, I had a similar problem with my wiimote. I'd hit "A" to proceed, and then at the accept/decline screen, my wiimote would just disconnect and not reconnect, I'd have to restart my wii completely.

At this point I knew/figured I'd have a problem if I couldn't get back 222/223, so I restored the NAND file that I backed up when I first managed to install bootmii. At this point I reinstalled bootmii using smash stack because I couldn't figure out how to make it come back.

So I did the restore and 222/223 came back (I could see them and their version on MMM)

but now when I try to go back to my usb loaders, they either A) Freeze up before loading (USB loader GX) B) Tell me I have no USB drive connected (Wiiloader) or C) just tell me that ios 249 cannot be found (CFG USB Launcher)

So I tried to just simply rehack my wii by following the guide again and starting from the top. Hackmii/bootmii went exactly as expected, but then when I try to use the ios236 installer v3 to restore trucha, I get either Exception occurred and a code dump, or something to the effect of "failed, that's what s15 downgrader is for"

so I got the full Trucha Bug Restorer v1.14 and all of the corresponding .wad files, but when I try to "Downgrade S15" I get "es_addtitlestart returned -1035 maybe you need an updated downgrader."

I've decided that I don't necessarily need the MH3 issue addressed, I'm just going to break down and burn it, but as of right now my USB loaders still don't work. If somebody could help walk me back to a place where at least my usb loaders work again, I'd be hugely grateful, since that's all I really need anyway. Also, IDK if this is a real concern or not, but I'd like to not lose any of the saved data from my usb loaders as I've already put in several hours on a couple of games.

Thx in advance.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before you do anything, make a NAND back up of your Wii if you can, and backup your game saves, and images if you are worried about losing them.

Hopefully you still have HBC v1.08 installed. If you do, run SysCheck GX and post the report log here so that we can see what you Wii's current state is as far as IOS go.

Not knowing what IOS/cIOS you have installed, I'm hesitant to give any advice. One thing I will recommend is that you begin to read on how to use ModMii to install/update your IOS/cIOS, treating your Wii as a virgin 4.3 Wii.

-[]D

CloudyJoe191988

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Syschecker told me it failed to complete. Here is the log:

sysCheck GX starting up...

Getting the console region... Success.
Getting the system menu version... Success.
Getting the running IOS version and revision... Success.
Getting the console ID... Success.
Getting the boot2 version... Success.
Getting number of titles... Found 79 titles.
Getting list of titles... Success.
Failed to get the stored TMD size for IOS236!

Hope this helps.

(edit) I went back and re-read your reply, so I got a hold of Modmii and started rehacking my wii that way, so far so good, I'm on to step five of the generated guide and haven't had a hitch yet.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
CloudyJoe191988 said:
Okay, Modmii worked, but I lost all of my save games in the process. Is there anyway I can get them back?Glad to hear ModMii worked for you. Sad to hear that you did not back up your saves...
QUOTE(PPSainity @ Jan 30 2011, 04:56 PM) Before you do anything, make a NAND back up of your Wii if you can, and backup your game saves, and images if you are worried about losing them.

Hopefully you still have HBC v1.08 installed. If you do, run SysCheck GX and post the report log here so that we can see what you Wii's current state is as far as IOS go.

Not knowing what IOS/cIOS you have installed, I'm hesitant to give any advice. One thing I will recommend is that you begin to read on how to use ModMii to install/update your IOS/cIOS, treating your Wii as a virgin 4.3 Wii.

-[]D
If you did back up your saves to your SD card and have not erased the private directory on it your saves should still be there and accessible. If you made a NAND backup of your Wii when the saves were still present on your Wii then you can dump the files from the NAND (savegames are stored in NAND\title0010000\) and use a savegame manager to restore them (you may have to edit/combine the directory labels depending on what savegame manager you use).

If you have neither, sorry to say, but the saves are gone as far as I know. In that case, just remember to back up in the future. It is always a good idea to make a NAND backup using BootMii/Boot2 every time before you mess with the Wii system files, and Savegame Manager GX is a great homebrew than lets you do bulk backups of all your savegames, even the locked saves of online games like Mario Kart Wii.

-[]D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: