Reactions: Testo90

Josephimmanuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I am actually a girl, but I respect your respect.
Still, so it looks like you are having issues with all of the high memory mode, since Pokemon isn't working either.
So here's the advice to help figure that out
im sorry. i didnt notice it. my bad. It takes too much time, and even it's not give any progress. other solutions? thanks b4

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
im sorry. i didnt notice it. my bad. It takes too much time, and even it's not give any progress. other solutions? thanks b4
It's cool~ ^_^
And it looks like a frankenfirm, the fact that you bricked when applying those patches is what's worrisome. This method takes longer, but it flashes a clean 9.2 FIRM to your 3DS and will remove any defective packages. Then upgrading will bring you back up to date.

Josephimmanuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It's cool~ ^_^
And it looks like a frankenfirm, the fact that you bricked when applying those patches is what's worrisome. This method takes longer, but it flashes a clean 9.2 FIRM to your 3DS and will remove any defective packages. Then upgrading will bring you back up to date.
do i have to use the decrypted cia file?

dudemo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Crystal the Glaceon is correct. Somehow you managed to get a frankenfirm. How is irrelevant. You need to follow the CTR NAND guide here: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

This will bring you back to a stock 9.2.0 firmware and will allow you to update to 11.2 and play extended memory games. It isnt that hard or long. And the end result is a perfectly working o3DS.

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Crystal the Glaceon is correct. Somehow you managed to get a frankenfirm. How is irrelevant. You need to follow the CTR NAND guide here: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/9.2.0-ctrtransfer

This will bring you back to a stock 9.2.0 firmware and will allow you to update to 11.2 and play extended memory games. It isnt that hard or long. And the end result is a perfectly working o3DS.
Wow! I just got on GBAtemp, and it seems you guys already may have solved his issue! Even though I'm sorry to hear about the brick @Josephimmanuel, it's a good thing you have a9lh! Anyways, I'm almost absolutely certain that you have a frankenfirm. However, if that is not the case I would highly recommend updating your Luma payload. I read the patches for Luma 6.6 (released this morning), and apparently people have been having issues with games that require a reboot to run (GBA, DS, DSi, High Mem.) So after you finish restoring, if what everyone else says on here doesn't work, I would probably update Luma.

Josephimmanuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
It worked! Just format your system and before doing that, download JK save managwr to backup your save. And thanks to @JPnintendo! And thanks to all people here! I love GBAtemp!

Attachments

• IMG_20161113_010221-min.jpg
    IMG_20161113_010221-min.jpg
    711.8 KB · Views: 324

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It worked! Just format your system and before doing that, download JK save managwr to backup your save. And thanks to @JPnintendo! And thanks to all people here! I love GBAtemp!
Congragulations! Glad you can play, have fun with your Island Challenge!!!
P.S. FrankenFirms are the worst, am I right? XD

Last edited by BARNWEY,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks mate!!!! :)
No prob
P.S. Once you feel like you got the hang of a9lh and CFW, you may want to try out 3dsafe. It's like Luma's built in password function, but more secure (it stores the pin on the nand, not the sd.) It will also allow you to boot CFW from the NAND, it works a lot like a9lh v3 (even though it's a fork of v2.)

Last edited by BARNWEY,

pikpol

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

It's cool~ ^_^
A CTR transfer didn't work for me though. Everything works except extended ram games. I tried retail Sun, downloaded Moon and retail SSB. None of those worked. I have all the latest stuff. Deleted any boot managers I got. Tried with custom path for luma and without. I don't know what to do... It worked before as I played Pokemon Moon on this system before I installed it(and copied the save over) on an other 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries