Homebrew I need help please accidentally update to 11

shinwg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I am rookie who was trying to downgrade my new 3ds xl from 9.8 to 9.2 fallowing https://github.com/Plailect/Guide but i could get browserhax to load than i did the date and time somehow my 3ds update to 11.0.33 so now whats my option beside buying sky+. I cant do hardmode thing that way out of my skill. please anyone want to help me

Kingy

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hi I am rookie who was trying to downgrade my new 3ds xl from 9.8 to 9.2 fallowing https://github.com/Plailect/Guide but i could get browserhax to load than i did the date and time somehow my 3ds update to 11.0.33 so now whats my option beside buying sky+. I cant do hardmode thing that way out of my skill. please anyone want to help me
You can use the fieldrunners way (Or the DSI Hax way.)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
With another, A9LH hacked 3DS you can downgrade your current one.

Ricken

Oh Pretty Angel... Did None Teach You?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do one of the following
A. Transfer an exploited DSiWare game to that system (I doubt you have a second system so this is outta your vector)
B. Wait for a new software downgrade to be released
C. Get a hardmod

shinwg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone of u live usa or puerto rico maybe I can send the 3ds . yes I dont have other console also i dont have Transfer an exploited DSiWare game to that system

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone of u live usa or puerto rico maybe I can send the 3ds . yes I dont have other console also i dont have Transfer an exploited DSiWare game to that system
If you are willing to send the 3ds, you might as well go the hardmod route. There are a list of people here who do that kind of stuff, yet I have heard stories of people not getting their 3ds back, so its at your own risk.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There are users offering an A9LH install service on the forum, you can also get a hardmod installed but it will cost more.
You need 100 posts to access the buy/sell/trade subforum, though.
I found people in Canada and UK offering an A9LH install service using the DSiWare method (or at least one of them did, the other I'm not sure about), but none in US. @vb_encryption_vb and @hundshamer offer hardmods in US but I'm not sure if they offer downgrade only or A9LH install, you can ask them.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

shinwg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are users offering an A9LH install service on the forum, you can also get a hardmod installed but it will cost more.
You need 100 posts to access the buy/sell/trade subforum, though.
I found people in Canada and UK offering an A9LH install service using the DSiWare method (or at least one of them did, the other I'm not sure about), but none in US. @vb_encryption_vb and @hundshamer offer hardmods in US but I'm not sure if they offer downgrade only or A9LH install, you can ask them.

Ok thanks what's A9LH what it does ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks guys really appreciate I'll look

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is a super early, fast and reliable exploit that allows a CFW that uses sysNAND.

What is this about DSiWare?
If you install an exploit onto certain DSiWare games before doing a Sys transfer, then you could downgrade an 11.0 system with said exploit (look up Plailect Fieldrunners downgrade. I'd link but I have stuff on my clipboard)

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
If you install an exploit onto certain DSiWare games before doing a Sys transfer, then you could downgrade an 11.0 system with said exploit (look up Plailect Fieldrunners downgrade. I'd link but I have stuff on my clipboard)
I wonder how that works, sounds like they did not sandbox the 3DS correctly at all.

Ricken

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder how that works, sounds like they did not sandbox the 3DS correctly at all.
A TLDR of it; DSiWare has Nand access, so we take advantage of that using an exploit that can only be installed on an already hacked system, which luckily surives system transfers

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much; they were lazy. Since the dsi had full NAND access, they just went and did the same for TWL_FIRM. However, this does not work for DS mode, since DS mode didn't have NAND access. Therefore, no ordinary DS flashcart will work.
What we do is take over TWL_FIRM with dsiwarehax, with a game like fieldrunners, installing the hacked save on an already controlled 3ds. (Installing the save, in a nutshell, requires arm9 control) We then transfer the save to the unhacked 3ds, and take over TWL_FIRM, thus being able to dump the NAND, inject an older FIRM with the known plaintext exploit (can someone remind me how that works again please? How can we decrypt FIRM and FIRM alone from an encrypted NAND?) And inject the modified NAND into the 3ds. Since the older FIRM is signed, the 3ds will say "go right ahead! (In running)".
And that's how the DSiWare downgrade works! Dang, this was longer than I thought it'd be. I might actually make a new thread containing this info.

Last edited by Swiftloke,
Reactions: Ricken

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much; they were lazy. Since the dsi had full NAND access, they just went and did the same for TWL_FIRM. However, this does not work for DS mode, since DS mode didn't have NAND access. Therefore, no ordinary DS flashcart will work.
Of course, the DS did not have NAND!

Would be interesting to look into the FIRM used with the DS, maybe it could be tricked with one of those hybrid carts or some clever DS programming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.