Hacking I Need Help Opening Gateway Menu On Gateway Emunand.

RonaldTheMKHacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I got a Gateway yesterday and for some reason, I can't get the Gateway menu to load. I've done everything correctly. I extracted a ROM and the launcher.dat to my micro SD card. Everything was set on my 3DS. The Micro SD card is on my Gateway card, and my SD card where the Nintendo 3DS folder and other stuff is also on the 3DS. Is there anyway I can possibly do to fix this?

EDIT: Nevermind. I fixed the issue.

Last edited by RonaldTheMKHacker,

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, so I got a Gateway yesterday and for some reason, I can't get the Gateway menu to load. I've done everything correctly. I extracted a ROM and the launcher.dat to my micro SD card. Everything was set on my 3DS. The Micro SD card is on my Gateway card, and my SD card where the Nintendo 3DS folder and other stuff is also on the 3DS. Is there anyway I can possibly do to fix this?
The launcher.dat goes on the SD in your 3DS, not on the mSD in your Gateway.

The only thing that goes on the Gateway's mSD is the .3ds files and cheats (if you're that way inclined).

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
did you even boot to gateway mode first?

RonaldTheMKHacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What firmware is your sysNand on? Also what entrypoint are you using (browser, mset, menuhax, etc)?
My Sysnand is 9.2. And I'm using the browser.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The launcher.dat goes on the SD in your 3DS, not on the mSD in your Gateway.

The only thing that goes on the Gateway's mSD is the .3ds files and cheats (if you're that way inclined).
Well, the launcher.dat was also on the SD. So should I delete that file on my MSD?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said before, launcher.dat goes in the 3ds, not the Gateway card. The mSD in the Gateway card should be fat32 (not exfat). If on N3DS, use browserhax to load HBL, then use GW.3dsx from HBL to load the Gateway menu.

If you're talking about the menu for formatting emunand and all that, hold L when launching GW, otherwise, it'll auto-boot (to emunand, if you have one already). If you press select, and the rom selection menu pops up, you're already in GW mode.

RonaldTheMKHacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As said before, launcher.dat goes in the 3ds, not the Gateway card. The mSD in the Gateway card should be fat32 (not exfat). If on N3DS, use browserhax to load HBL, then use GW.3dsx from HBL to load the Gateway menu.

If you're talking about the menu for formatting emunand and all that, hold L when launching GW, otherwise, it'll auto-boot (to emunand, if you have one already). If you press select, and the rom selection menu pops up, you're already in GW mode.
I have a O3DS. But thanks for the tip. I didn't check my MSD format before doing anything. And yeah, I meant I was trying to open the rom selection menu anyway. Cause when I pressed Select, nothing happens. Anyway, thanks.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
exfat works for microsd in the gateway card
the big sd card in the 3ds needs to be fat32 though

I have a O3DS. But thanks for the tip. I didn't check my MSD format before doing anything. And yeah, I meant I was trying to open the rom selection menu anyway. Cause when I pressed Select, nothing happens. Anyway, thanks.
do you use emunand? if you do, what is the firmware version?
if you're using 10.6 or above, you need to use the latest gateway launcher.dat (3.7.1)

RonaldTheMKHacker

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if you're using 10.6 or above, you need to use the latest gateway launcher.dat (3.7.1)
I fixed it so nevermind.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wasn't there some weird bugs with the cheat engine using exfat though? I forgot. For some reason (and I'm fairly sure it was because of the cheats) I switched back to fat32, and play 2 games that now require the rom splitter tool.

Garou

Trophies
XP
Country
wasn't there some weird bugs with the cheat engine using exfat though? I forgot. For some reason (and I'm fairly sure it was because of the cheats) I switched back to fat32, and play 2 games that now require the rom splitter tool.
in that case i have no idea, because i've never use gateway cheat feature :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: