Hacking I need help getting my WODE to function

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my wode the other day, followed the installation guide to the letter, made sure that all the connections were in as far as they would go, and sealed it back up. First issue I noticed, the little red light on the power button of the wii no longer is lit up when the power is off. That's not a major problem, it still powers on fine and everything. More importantly, the wode screen turns on, but doesn't move past the loading screen. I downloaded the most recent firmware update, and put the Update.bin on the root of the sd card, stuck it in the WODE, and nothing changes. when I power it up, it stays stuck at the loading screen. And now, I can't even load discs or use the USB. That's another thing. I have the usb cables coming out of the wode plugged into the back, and my hdd plugged into the WODE, but my wii doesn't read it. I tried switching the cables in the back around, and no change. HELP!!

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
both of the ones i had do it arrived like that. they were both ordered from modchipcentral and both showed up at my door not working. i dont know who to blame it on.

if you do get one like this, just RMA it

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
both of the ones i had do it arrived like that. they were both ordered from modchipcentral and both showed up at my door not working. i dont know who to blame it on.

if you do get one like this, just RMA it

Thanks, I'll probably order one this weekend, let's hope it's not like that.

EDIT:
sorry for hijacking your thread OP

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I was able to get it working half assed. For some reason when pressure is applied to the slave connector, it works, when it isn't, it doesn't. So I stuck a small plastic piece I had lying around on top of the connector, under the protective sticker, to apply pressure when the wii is screwed together. Now I can get it to do what I want it to do... sometimes. I haven't gotten too in depth with it just yet, but some gamecube games show an error message after the first screen, others when I actually try to begin gameplay, but some seem to work just fine. I need to know how to get them to work. Also, the WODE reads my HDD just fine, but all my other apps and emulators don't. Is it just me, or does it do this to everybody? Also, when I select a game via wodeflow, the wii resets but with the game loaded. is it supposed to do this?

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Homebrew apps and emulators expect your harddisk to be connected to 1 of the wii usb ports.
If it's connected to the wode, it's only used by the wode as storage medium for the games it emulates.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I have 2 Wii's 1 with an old pic modchip in (my first Wii) and softmodded, works perfect
Then i got a non working wii from somebody who tought he broke it and had bought a new Wii, so i could get it for free
I fixed that Wii and placed a Wode in that Wii, (also softmodded it) but use it only to play GC games from HDD and there's a wode just perfect for
smile.gif

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, so is there a y cable I can get that'll let my HDD be accessed by both the WODE and my wii, or some better alternative?

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
drakorex said:
ya, ok. but Should I contact the makers of WODE, or the place that shipped it?

You should always try the seller first, if for any reason they refuse and are on the distributer list you can get WODE Team to chase it up.

WODE admin said:
Last thing... the problem of the update of 1.28 >> 2.xx firmware is found in the FLASH IC... some wodes pass the quality check with 1.28 because is under 5 MB firmware... the 2.00 is over 5 MB and we found some wodes that have a faulty FLASH IC with bad sectors...
All who have a wode that cannot upgrade need to replace the WODE MAIN BOARD or replace the FLASH IC... this kind of issue is covered from warranty, you can link this thread to distributors that need to accept the RMA.

Take this into consideration before purchasing

WODE admin
Regarding the warranties, we can cover only people that bought products from our official distributors, and only if they refuse without motivation the exchange (my mind is.. If we suggest a dealer and this failed, we need to cover the custome)... If a customer buy from a website that offer for example only 3 months warranty, he cannot came to us to require an exchange...

We offer a LOT of margins to our distributors because they need to take care on RMA... This are the rules... Any other interpretation of my words is simply incorrect...

http://www.wodejukebox.com/distributors.php

BTW pune you should try getting yours swapped

http://www.wodejukebox.com/forum/viewtopic...9c1673896ca2e53

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Wiisel

I plan on buying a wode from Diy-Buy.com (an official distributor).

If something like this happens, I have to send it back to the reseller and wait for the replacement? This worries me, because I'm ordering from Argentina and it usually takes like one or two months to receive a package from china!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NahuelDS said:
Hi Wiisel

I plan on buying a wode from Diy-Buy.com (an official distributor).

If something like this happens, I have to send it back to the reseller and wait for the replacement? This worries me, because I'm ordering from Argentina and it usually takes like one or two months to receive a package from china!

They recommend sending back to the seller first and if you have to in the end ship to them they are based in Italy.

Its always worth a shot and asking a seller if they can update the wode to the newest FW and testing before shipping I would also check some online reviews before choosing a seller this can save you a lot of hassel and headache.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: