ROM Hack I need help from some programmers.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although I have no experience in C++, I'm currently studying for it using the 2 weeks of Spring Break I have. Since the project for DSBoy is abandoned (Or so it seems) and no one's really trying to port Goomba Color at all to the Slot-1 device for the DS, I will need some assistance with DSBoy (Gnuboy for that matter, as it turned out to be after compiling the source code into a .nds file). What I need done with the emulator is mostly the sound, a save support and a slight adjustment to the speed (It runs slightly slower than it should be but still enjoyable if you adapt to it). Sure the graphics are a bit glitchy but it's good enough to actually just play with some games (In Zelda DX, menu screen is glitchy but you can still tell what is what but the rest of the game is good to go as far as I know).

So is anyone willing to help revive the only GB/C emulator for the slot-1? If so, I can send you guys the source code to it so you guys can take a look. Of course, I'll be doing my share to help out as well but as for now, I'm gonna go learn some C++ for that matter.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can just about cope with C so I will be of little help here (I seem to recall I took a look at the source a little while back and a lot of it was above me). I will however point out the slightly improved version of this released a few weeks back:
http://forum.gbadev.org/viewtopic.php?t=12375&start=0

Oh and with regard to goomba it is the fact that an expensive assembler was/is being used rather than a free one that makes porting it that bit harder.

Edit: my bad, I did not see you already knew about this.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm using the source that theli released. Save support and sound is the only real concern there though. I really help someone helps me out with this since I can't wait for Goomba Color to be ported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative