I need help fixing my broken DS Lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Dio, Mar 9, 2009.

Mar 9, 2009
  1. Dio
    OP

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    My cat jumped on my desk knocking over a glass of water, and now my DS won't even boot up :< Well, it does after a second and then it shuts off. What should I do?

And no, I will not eat my cat.

2. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Maybe a broken fuse? If you cant figure it out, and its under warranty, get nintendo to fix it.

3. Dio
    OP

Member Dio WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

United States
    I've had it for three years though, and the barcode on the back has eroded because the sticker came off. Would they still fix it?

4. Purses

Member Purses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think Nintendo only has a 1 year warranty. Try letting it sit for a while and let it dry out completely. I've spilled water on my laptop once and I just let it sit for a few days and it ran just fine.

5. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I could fix the fuse if it IS the problem.

Or the whole circuit board could of been fried.

6. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    If the green light comes on at all - its not the fuse.

When you power up the green light should come on, after a couple of seconds the unit should power the screens, if it doesn't then it can flash one of the screens then switch off, the screen that flashes is OK its the one that doesn't that is faulty.

If you have tried to turn it on without opening it up and drying it out - its probably fried the motherboard. Water can stay inside for days even in a warm room

My advise open it up, check its thoroughly dry, check the switch on, if a screen flashes change the other screen, if not screen flashes it is problably beyond repair!

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    Chances are, the first time you turned it on, it was still wet possibly killed it.
    Any time you have an electronic device get wet, first thing you should do is take the battery and any removable cards (sim card, memory card, game carts, etc) out. Next is take it apart if possible and let it air out for 12+ hours, longer if the situation warrants, if it was just water, if it's not water, say juice or soda, definitely take it apart and clean the spilled stuff out, after its clean, wipe down everything with rubbing alcohol and let it dry for 12+ hours.