I need gba emulation help

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Dervex, Feb 17, 2009.

Feb 17, 2009

I need gba emulation help by Dervex at 9:59 AM (591 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Dervex
    OP

Newcomer Dervex Newbie

United States
    I have the M3 DS REAL and my .nds works fine but I can't figure out how to get my .gba to work.

I do have the GBA Expansion. I browse my games and most of them show 0 by the Size and others show 8480Mb or 4152Mb. Nothing I try to load will work. I have confirmed they work on an emulator.

Could somebody give me a step by step walkthrough on how to get these things to work? Do I need a certain system? I have tried 4 or 5 different ones so far from http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=70 including the newest.

Ok, I guess it was good Karma to write this because I decided to delete all but a few files from the gba dir, including a 0 byte config file, and now it shows the right size by some roms and they WORK. Is there a limit to how many per directory possibly or is it an issue with the length of the names or one bad egg in the whole bunch?

Thanks all.

2. lilaznkilla

Member lilaznkilla GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The file limit is 128 or 256 can't remember the exact number since I don't normally put alot of roms onto my M3

3. hdofu

Member hdofu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you may want to try sakura, it doesn't have those problems with limits and yeah there is something like a 128 file limit per directory limit in touchpod

also fyi, gba emulation doesn't exsist for the ds. the gba support is built which is why you need the expansion pack