OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK just stick with me on this,

I started off playing Mario Kart Wii NTSC using the backup loader V3. I Unlocked nearly all characters/karts and got at least an A or ** on ALL the Cups 150cc (yeah im a badass when it comes to mario kart).

THE PROBLEM.

I've had to burn a Mario Kart PAL version so as not to lag out when playing online (I have a PAL wii) Now my original NTSC save doesn't work on the latest pal version I'm playing.

So obviously my NTSC save doesn't work.....I kinda expected that.

NOW I know its a real bitch to fuck around with save files with Mario kart because its a wifi/attached to you mii so it gets all bitchy when you try and switch them around.. Even if i wanted to waninkoko's save extractor/installer doesn't work cause I'm using a backup. Oh yeah and im too lazy to mess around with hexing them to convert them to US-EU.

Still with me?

So I thought... "oh hey it doesn't matter, i can just use ocarina and cheat my way through the cups to get all the characters etc etc".... Oh wait ocarina doesn't work with 0.3... AT ALL.... So I'm kinda screwed....

Would this work?

VVV

Burn ANOTHER patched PAL mario kart and run it on V1 backup loader and use the "unlock all karts and characters cheat" then save over my new pal save so I can play on the V.3 backup loader with all characters and karts..... BREATHE

This is the only cheat that i can use as the grand prix freezes up so i cant use the "finish race early" as the game crashes after the first few laps.

Ok so if you've bothered to read this far do you think the above idea will work or shall i just wait for a new backup loader that works with ocarina???

THANKS

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:
OK just stick with me on this,

I started off playing Mario Kart Wii NTSC using the backup loader V3. I Unlocked nearly all characters/karts and got at least an A or ** on ALL the Cups 150cc (yeah im a badass when it comes to mario kart).

THE PROBLEM.

I've had to burn a Mario Kart PAL version so as not to lag out when playing online (I have a PAL wii) Now my original NTSC save doesn't work on the latest pal version I'm playing.

NOW I know its a real bitch to fuck around with save files with Mario kart because its a wifi/attached to you mii so it gets all bitchy when you try and switch them around.. Even if i wanted to waninkoko's save extractor/installer doesn't work cause I'm using a backup. Oh yeah and im too lazy to mess around with hexing them to convert them to US-EU.

Still with me?

So I thought... "oh hey it doesn't matter, i can just use ocarina and cheat my way through the cups to get all the characters etc etc".... Oh wait ocarina doesn't work with 0.3... AT ALL.... So I'm kinda screwed....

Would this work?

VVV

Burn ANOTHER patched PAL mario kart and run it on V1 backup loader and use the "unlock all karts and characters cheat" then save over my new pal save so I can play on the V.3 backup loader with all characters and karts..... BREATHE

This is the only cheat that i can use as the grand prix freezes up so i cant use the "finish race early" as the game crashes after the first few laps.

Ok so if you've bothered to read this far do you think the above idea will work or shall i just wait for a new backup loader that works with ocarina???

THANKS

it'll prolly work, it just depends on if the game or you have a chance to save those flags anywhere before it freezes. you can try it and tell us if it works, just back up your old save in case it doesn't.

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, that was the plan but it wont allow me to backup the old save because its too large and attached the the mii etc etc

I dont really care about the the NTSC save as long as i can find away to complete all the cups a A and unlock all the expert ghosts without having to spend hours doing it again!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:
Yeah, that was the plan but it wont allow me to backup the old save because its too large and attached the the mii etc etc

I dont really care about the the NTSC save as long as i can find away to complete all the cups a A and unlock all the expert ghosts without having to spend hours doing it again!

psshh....hours....u must suck.

just kiddin. :-p

btw: what is wrong with you? why don't you own mario kart? is it outlawed where you live or something?

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
noobwarrior7 said:
malverns said:

psshh....hours....u must suck.

just kiddin. :-p

btw: what is wrong with you? why don't you own mario kart? is it outlawed where you live or something?

Yes, it is outlawed where I live.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
Yes, all wii games are outlawed where i live too so I must use backups

laugh.gif

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ocarina doesnt work??? or are you refering the HBC 9 as the .elf for ocarina is not compatible. it its the HBC 9 problem use the app elf2dol i cant link you to the site i found it on so your going to have to google for it sorry.

malverns

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
purechaos996 said:
ocarina doesnt work??? or are you refering the HBC 9 as the .elf for ocarina is not compatible. it its the HBC 9 problem use the app elf2dol i cant link you to the site i found it on so your going to have to google for it sorry.

No, the ocarina cheat device does NOT work with backup loader.03... this isnt regarding the whole elf-dol conversion problems with HBC9BETA

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:

[snip]
Just use the "No Copy Flags" option with Gecko OS 1.7b, then it should allow you to back it up.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
malverns said:
purechaos996 said:

No, the ocarina cheat device does NOT work with backup loader.03... this isnt regarding the whole elf-dol conversion problems with HBC9BETA

SD codes work fine for me under .3

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
malverns said:
purechaos996 said:

it actually works... and anyways... aren't backup saves stored the same as normal saves?

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
've had to burn a Mario Kart PAL version so as not to lag out when playing online (I have a PAL wii) Now my original NTSC save doesn't work on the latest pal version I'm playing.

Ok:

PAL Wii
Running NSTC Mario Kart Wii
You want to use your own region's MKWii
You know save datas don't work vice-versa.

QUOTENOW I know its a real bitch to fuck around with save files with Mario kart because its a wifi/attached to you mii so it gets all bitchy when you try and switch them around.. Even if i wanted to waninkoko's save extractor/installer doesn't work cause I'm using a backup. Oh yeah and im too lazy to mess around with hexing them to convert them to US-EU.

So you just want the PAL one?

Well look no further. Google "Mario Kart Wii PAL AR Max save data"

It has everything unlocked, etc. When you load it up, change the name in the license and voila!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo