Hacking I keep getting the "scammed if paid for" screen when I turn

mad555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really messed up my wii pretty bad. First I erased the HBC from the channels screen, then in preloader, I set it to load to the hackmii screen and this is what happens.
When I turn on my Wii it goes right to the "If you paid for this software you were scammed" screen. I press the # 1 button, then it goes to the hackmii installer V 0.2 screen and it says, "This installer can not continue", "no vulnerable IOS found, can not install." Then It exits, and goes back to the, "If you paid for this software you were scammed" screen again and repeats this process. This happens with the SD card in and not in the wii. Can someone please help me.

mad555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wack0 said:
possibly something to do with preloader ? hold reset button down on power-on ?
Thank you it worked like a charm! Now, do you know what I have to do now to get my HBC back up and running?

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Poster,

Before you hit enter you need to finish your sentences man, even sentence fragments are cool but you need to give us more information. Are you saying your WII wont boot? or just boots to Hackwii page?

If it loads to the WII Menu and ur WII is hacked, load BootMii.

The issue with the scamming page, sounds like it's not getting HBC loaded (because u uninstalled it, aka deleted), which means u need to use Bootmii. However, Bootmii only works if ur system menu works.

Please provide more information and we can get u going again.

Additionally, I believe u can edit preloader config files from ur SD card (aka edit the file on ur computer)

I hope this helps or gives u some ideas.

Semper Fi
Wynd

Posts merged

Poster,

Since it's working now. Download BootMii and run that.

It will reinstall ur HBC to 1.0.3

If it says it can't u will need to run IOS downgrader, which will downgrade the files needed to run HCB installation.

Semper Fi

Wynd

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
^Fake information..

Meh to lazy to explain.

One little thing of the false information.
BootMii IOS ^Right

BootMii BOOT2 ^False

Zzz got to sleep.
tongue.gif

mad555

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
Poster,

Before you hit enter you need to finish your sentences man, even sentence fragments are cool but you need to give us more information. Are you saying your WII wont boot? or just boots to Hackwii page?

If it loads to the WII Menu and ur WII is hacked, load BootMii.

The issue with the scamming page, sounds like it's not getting HBC loaded (because u uninstalled it, aka deleted), which means u need to use Bootmii. However, Bootmii only works if ur system menu works.

Please provide more information and we can get u going again.

Additionally, I believe u can edit preloader config files from ur SD card (aka edit the file on ur computer)

I hope this helps or gives u some ideas.

Semper Fi
Wynd

Posts merged

Poster,

Since it's working now. Download BootMii and run that.

It will reinstall ur HBC to 1.0.3

If it says it can't u will need to run IOS downgrader, which will downgrade the files needed to run HCB installation.

Semper Fi

Wynd
I think I need the downgrader but how do I run the downgrader?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have no vulnerable IOS, chances are you have something like cIOScorp. You should install a normal IOS36 or something then try the HackMii Installer one more time.

And what's with all these people deleting the Homebrew Channel these days? XD

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
If you have no vulnerable IOS, chances are you have something like cIOScorp. You should install a normal IOS36 or something then try the HackMii Installer one more time.

And what's with all these people deleting the Homebrew Channel these days? XD

Yeah, possibly cIOSCORP, had a Wii from a friend yesterday where HBC was removed, cIOSCORP has been installed and Wii was formatted leaving me to hack it and also had the "no vulnerable IOS" problem.... Gladly it had preloader installed so I could use Det1res Uncorp to get rid of cIOSCORP IOSes and were finally able to get hackmii installer up and running.

Try Det1re´s Uncorp, this will replace all cIOSCORPED IOSes with the latest NUS IOSes and you should be fine running Hackmii installer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LTT also did it