I just bricked my Psp Slim <_<

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by serg0, Feb 14, 2008.

Feb 14, 2008

I just bricked my Psp Slim <_< by serg0 at 3:45 AM (1,278 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. serg0
    OP

Member serg0 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I tried to install a custom xmb. i then turned off my psp and turned it back on, now it won't boot up even in recovery mode. Could I fix this with a pandora battery and a magic memory stick? I have the MagicMem installer and a pandora battery, I'll just need to buy a memory stick adaptor to make the stick. Will this work, or am I totally screwed? [​IMG]

2. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    im 99% sure it will, there always the possibility it may not. Hopefully you wont have any problems making the stick.

3. serg0
    OP

United States
    Thanks I installed the Magic Mem on my first try so I could probably fix this.

4. rdurbin

Member rdurbin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    you may want to look into the mem stick installers that come with the new custom firmware built-in, so you nail 2 birds with one stone. I have one that unbricks and installs 3.71, from there you can easilly install to 3.80 or 3.90. I know some only installed original 1.50

5. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    Just use the "Downgrade PSP" tutorial on this board, it uses the same Mem Stick creator that rdurbin there was talking about.

6. serg0
    OP

United States
    Thanks, I have the one that installs 3.71 m33 It should be easy going to 3.9 m33 from there.

7. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Since it's a Slim the oldest CFW it could possibly install would be 3.60, but I've only seen ones that do 3.71 anyway.