Hacking I have theme support on 4.5.0?

bigcookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, so I'm trying to get custom firmware on my girlfriend's 3DS. She told me it had 4.5.0 on it and gave it to me today, and I turned it on. And there was theme support.

The Home Menu looks the same as the latest firmware's (or at least one past 9.6, seeing as you can shuffle themes and save/load layouts). I thought, okay, she probably just accidentally updated (she's not tech savvy) but when I checked the system settings, it most definitely says 4.5.0-10US. This is an O-3DS, non-XL that she says she's barely touched in years and definitely has never been modded before.

Is there anything that could be causing the firmware to display incorrectly? I don't want to brick the thing, I have no idea why it would be showing the wrong version though.

I can provide a video for proof if need be.

bigcookie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about the file size, for some reason my phone doesn't record video below 720p although I guess that's for the better since now you can't say "too blurry, fake and gay."

Here you go.

What I also thought was interesting was that NNID support was missing from the settings menu, which appeared in 7.0. If I remember correctly, the settings app also changed appearance in 9.0 (it now shows a wrench with 5 icons on the bottom, all lined up). So that appears to be the old settings app.
Let me know if there's anything else you want me to try. Like I said this device hasn't been hacked before to my knowledge (she nor her brother own a flashcart other than a DS one, I forget which). I myself haven't done anything to it other than turn it on and open settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-