Gaming I have some good news

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just bought a new UK wii off ebay and I should get it tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

What is the first thing I need to check to be able to soft mod it please? I am looking to play backup games from my seagate external hard drive.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SoLuckys said:
serial code( if its LU64 i think its unsoftmodable) and if it has system menu 3.4 and lower

It is a UK PAL wii so it won't have LU64 and LU65, so how will I know if it's unsoftmodable?

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
SoLuckys said:
serial code( if its LU64 i think its unsoftmodable) and if it has system menu 3.4 and lower

The was a post on wehackwii.com yesterday thats boasting of a kit that can fully mod LU64, tested and working apparently! Hope so, for the LU64/65 crowd out there

SoLuckys

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cyprus
chillyloop said:
SoLuckys said:

It is a UK PAL wii so it won't have LU64 and LU65, so how will I know if it's unsoftmodable?
oh sorry(
sleep.gif
i am 2 months behind from wii hacking) i think if it has system menu 4.0
unsure.gif

D

Deleted-171178

Yes, 3.4 is easier to mod but 4.0 can be modded or downgraded if need be.

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Could someone guide me through soft modding my new wii? I have been reading different guides but I am getting confused. Someone said that I need to try and install bootmii as boot2 but I have not got a clue on how to do this. I really do not want to mess up my wii and would be extremely greatful if someone could help me.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
I'm not sure about softmodding new wii's, though the twilight hack is compatible with 3.4 if I recall. Just get a copy of Twilight Princess (Rent or something) hit up wiibrew.com and off you go. Though be sure to post some more if you are unsure or need more questions.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
NOt being funy mate but check the stickies for the wii hacking section.
All the information is well documented and listed in there, and if individual people start offering you advice you will only end up confusing yourself.
Can't remember exactly which method I followed but i did mine so long ago that things have definitely moved on since there. My wii is a patchwork quilt of methods and hacks and stuff now and I couldn't clearly tel you what i did if i tried.

As I say I'm not being snotty or funny but there really are some great guides in the stickies.

Good luck mate - hope it goes well for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel