I have questions on SuperCard DS-One.

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by ramplayer3, Jan 22, 2008.

Jan 22, 2008
  1. ramplayer3
    OP

Newcomer ramplayer3 Member

United States
    Is this a good super card to get? I got some questions about the super card that I hope some of you can answer.

Will it be able to play standard MicroSD cards, and MicroSDHC cards, I plan on getting a 4GB MicroSDHC card, This one to be exact.

How do you install it, actually, just answer this, is the install complicated? and Does it have to flash the NDS Bios, what I mean is, after you have it all set up and are playing roms with the supercard, can you take it out and start the DS normally and run games from their original cartridge?

And my final question for now, can you save games naturally, like you would if it was the real cartridge, and does it have the ability to savestate?

The answering of my inquiries would be greatly appreciated.

2. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    the scdsone is a complicated cart to start with if your new to the flash cart scene
    it has lots of features like real time saves, real time game guide, real time cheats etc etc but which can be a nightmare to get working

if your planning to get a sdhc card dont buy that sandisk one from the link you need to get a kingston SDC4/4GB mymemory is selling them for £17.99 i got one a couple of weeks ago & its the japan model & works great

edit
    i see you from the usa so just look for the same memory card from the states

3. sidneyyoung

Member sidneyyoung GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Bermuda
    I can't see why ticking some options is a nightmare.

4. helpme

Member helpme GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    we its a bit more than that
    theres making cheat, making guides, remembering button combinations are you saying all that is just ticking boxs??

edit
    setting save sizes, setting up speed of your card

5. innercy

Member innercy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

yes. normal save plus u can use real time save...

6. sidneyyoung

Bermuda

7. ramplayer3
    OP

United States
    K, I got another question. The super card I linked in my first post wont support SDHC?, A person on that page commented that it supports both Micro SD and Micro SDHC.

8. ramplayer3
    OP

United States
    Ok, So is this one that will support SDHC? And is it a good price, is $45.

And can someone give me a link to a US store for a good Micro SDHC 4GB card.

9. sidneyyoung

Bermuda
    The picture is of a v2 non SDHC SCDS-1, maybe you could e-mail them and ask if they have the V3 one in the green box.

10. NonStopInTheMix

Member NonStopInTheMix GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    hmm seeing as you're an american, be careful about shipping. Kickgaming is a canadian site based in Richmond Hill Ontario, so shipping may get a bit costly and long since you live on the other side of the border.

11. Kingwad

Newcomer Kingwad Advanced Member

Canada
    Leetmod.com is American and has the Supercard DS One SDHC on for 38.50, or a bundle with a 2GB Kingston microSD (Great SD brand) for 59.99. I had one delivered to Canada in under a week.

12. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    DX/Dealextreme has them for 35 dollars. I've found this while trying to look at the EDGE card.....

13. halljames

Member halljames GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Just to clarify, the Supercard DS One is not difficult to use. If your new to the scene, all you have to do is copy files to it. Thats it. When you switch it on, you pick a game and your away.

It has many other options, which you dont need to figure out, until you want to.

14. DespizingU

Member DespizingU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Could not have said better myself. I don't know why some people try and make the SCDS1 sound like some difficult piece of hardware.

Real time guide is the only thing you have to mess with. But it's worth it, this is one of the greatest features ever put on a flashcart. You just go to Gamefaqs find the guide you want, copy/paste it into Notepad and save it to your desktop. Then just run the .txt through the book maker, and then throw it on your microsd.

I'll admit that the Supercard team should have made it where the real time game guide reads raw .txt files(like TeamCyclops is doing with their upcoming in game text reader), but still, not very difficult.

15. wozzom

Newcomer wozzom Member

Australia
    You should definately get a supercard cuz it is one of the best cards that was ever made!

16. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Wrong, the picture is of a Supercard DS One v3 a.k.a. Supercard DS One Sdhc.

17. Rizlaboy

Newcomer Rizlaboy Newbie

United States
    They changed the picture.

18. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Ok, but then the problem is solved, ain't it?

19. suppachipmunk

Member suppachipmunk GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Can someone clarify about the new SuperCard DS v3 SDHC save states?

I have read that the saves go to the cart, and not the memory card? I am looking at getting one of these for a friend and cannot decide because of the save states.

I personally use an R4 and will upgrade soon to a CycloDS. I like the way the R4 automatically saves everything to the MicroSD card. Is the Supercard the same way, or do u have to manually save it yourself?

Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    suppachipmunk

20. ojsinnerz.

Member ojsinnerz. Damned

Canada
    Although I don't have a Supercard DS1 SDHC, just yet, they actually do save on the Micro sd.