Hacking I have questions on SuperCard DS-One.

ramplayer3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a good super card to get? I got some questions about the super card that I hope some of you can answer.

Will it be able to play standard MicroSD cards, and MicroSDHC cards, I plan on getting a 4GB MicroSDHC card, This one to be exact.

How do you install it, actually, just answer this, is the install complicated? and Does it have to flash the NDS Bios, what I mean is, after you have it all set up and are playing roms with the supercard, can you take it out and start the DS normally and run games from their original cartridge?

And my final question for now, can you save games naturally, like you would if it was the real cartridge, and does it have the ability to savestate?

The answering of my inquiries would be greatly appreciated.

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the scdsone is a complicated cart to start with if your new to the flash cart scene
it has lots of features like real time saves, real time game guide, real time cheats etc etc but which can be a nightmare to get working

if your planning to get a sdhc card dont buy that sandisk one from the link you need to get a kingston SDC4/4GB mymemory is selling them for £17.99 i got one a couple of weeks ago & its the japan model & works great

edit
i see you from the usa so just look for the same memory card from the states

helpme

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
we its a bit more than that
theres making cheat, making guides, remembering button combinations are you saying all that is just ticking boxs??

edit
setting save sizes, setting up speed of your card

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
Is this a good super card to get? I got some questions about the super card that I hope some of you can answer.
yes

Will it be able to play standard MicroSD cards, and MicroSDHC cards, I plan on getting a 4GB MicroSDHC card, This one to be exact.
u can only use micro sd non sdhc... if u planning to buy sdhc memory card, u need to get "supercard dsone sdhc".(scdsone sdhc support both normal micro sd / sdhc)

How do you install it, actually, just answer this, is the install complicated? and Does it have to flash the NDS Bios, what I mean is, after you have it all set up and are playing roms with the supercard, can you take it out and start the DS normally and run games from their original cartridge?
just download a loader from any site (gbatemp or official supercard website). put the loader into your micro sd and thats all...

QUOTE(ramplayer3 @ Jan 22 2008, 12:20 PM)
And my final question for now, can you save games naturally, like you would if it was the real cartridge, and does it have the ability to savestate?
yes. normal save plus u can use real time save...

ramplayer3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, I got another question. The super card I linked in my first post wont support SDHC?, A person on that page commented that it supports both Micro SD and Micro SDHC.

NonStopInTheMix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, So is this one that will support SDHC? And is it a good price, is $45.

And can someone give me a link to a US store for a good Micro SDHC 4GB card.

hmm seeing as you're an american, be careful about shipping. Kickgaming is a canadian site based in Richmond Hill Ontario, so shipping may get a bit costly and long since you live on the other side of the border.

Kingwad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Leetmod.com is American and has the Supercard DS One SDHC on for 38.50, or a bundle with a 2GB Kingston microSD (Great SD brand) for 59.99. I had one delivered to Canada in under a week.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Just to clarify, the Supercard DS One is not difficult to use. If your new to the scene, all you have to do is copy files to it. Thats it. When you switch it on, you pick a game and your away.

It has many other options, which you dont need to figure out, until you want to.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to make the cheats unless you want to. The Software has cheats for the majority of the bigger titles built in, just tick the box. Making your own ones is hardly diffulcult too...... guides here, plus many more ready made cheats http://www.sccheats.co.uk/

Also you don't have to set the save size for every rom unless you want to, if the size isn't in the database then a 512kb file is used unless you intervene.

Yes, you do have to set the speed of the mem card if you want the best performace from it, but this is done only once, no big deal. Also making guides is not hard really, make txt file, convert with tool, chuck on mem card, tick the box.

Bottom line if you have enough brains to post on a forum, then the scds-1 shouldn't give you any trouble.

Could not have said better myself. I don't know why some people try and make the SCDS1 sound like some difficult piece of hardware.

Real time guide is the only thing you have to mess with. But it's worth it, this is one of the greatest features ever put on a flashcart. You just go to Gamefaqs find the guide you want, copy/paste it into Notepad and save it to your desktop. Then just run the .txt through the book maker, and then throw it on your microsd.

I'll admit that the Supercard team should have made it where the real time game guide reads raw .txt files(like TeamCyclops is doing with their upcoming in game text reader), but still, not very difficult.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

suppachipmunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can someone clarify about the new SuperCard DS v3 SDHC save states?

I have read that the saves go to the cart, and not the memory card? I am looking at getting one of these for a friend and cannot decide because of the save states.

I personally use an R4 and will upgrade soon to a CycloDS. I like the way the R4 automatically saves everything to the MicroSD card. Is the Supercard the same way, or do u have to manually save it yourself?

Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
suppachipmunk

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
suppachipmunk said:
Can someone clarify about the new SuperCard DS v3 SDHC save states?

I have read that the saves go to the cart, and not the memory card? I am looking at getting one of these for a friend and cannot decide because of the save states.

I personally use an R4 and will upgrade soon to a CycloDS. I like the way the R4 automatically saves everything to the MicroSD card. Is the Supercard the same way, or do u have to manually save it yourself?

Any clarifications would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
suppachipmunk

Although I don't have a Supercard DS1 SDHC, just yet, they actually do save on the Micro sd.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    Veho @ Veho: Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.