I have no mouth and i must scream

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, i wasnt sure where to post this..

So i was wandering around a site called cyberpunk reviews and came across an awesome looking game called 'I have no mouth and i must scream'...its kind of based on the story of the same name by Harlan Ellison.

I tried to download it...got some kind of strange thing called a torrent that im not really familiar with...it sent it to my limewire. It downloaded there after the download finished, i found it in the usual place files i download from limewire go as a folder: 'I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (1 cd)'. Inside i found a .bin file called 'NoMouth' and a .cue (never heard of it) file called 'NoMouth'.

I dont know what to do with these or how to run the game...its supposed to be for windows and DOS (again, no idea what that is). If anyone could let me know how to get this game running, what to do with these files, or what they're supposed to be it'd be much appreciated...I really want to play this game!

In the meantime im gonna go read the story. Thanks!

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a great game. Very dark for when it came out. You need a dos emulator to run it (the .bin file is a image of the cd). If you google about how to get the dos games to run, it should lead you to the things you need. Have fun!

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow quick response. You know the dark aspect is kinda what attracted me to the game.

Thanks guys, i'll try that out and let you know how it goes..

Javacat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once you've mounted the games .bin file using Daemon tools you should try copying all of the files off of the CD into a folder on your hard drive, then download and install the latest version of ScummVM. You should then be able to add the game to ScummVM and play it pretty much perfectly in whatever operating system you are currently using.

Support for ihnm is pretty recent in ScummVM, so for the best compatibility you will probably be best of using one of the daily builds available at the bottom of this page.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IHNM is now supported by ScummVM!? Holy hell. I hadn't ever had the chance to play this game, but it is one that stuck out in my memory! Uhm.... is there any chance ScummWii will play it? *crosses fingers* (i doubt it, but still, i can dream... no?)

Mmm, i might have to get some retro play on this weekend with this game.

Oh, and it's one of the MOST memorable titles ever.

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok it took a while but i finally worked out how to install the game. but i've kinda run into a problem

i had to get daemontools to read the .cue file so it would become a disk drive and show all the game files. then i had to mount that drive in DOSbox and run 'install.exe'. everything was going fine but i kinda ran into a hitch at the configure sound driver part...im not sure which one to pick or how to determine which one to pick. any suggestions?

other than that, after skipping the sound driver part, i can get the game to run...but of course theres no sound. i dont really want to plat it like that so i havent yet...

oh, btw, i'm using the small intallation...i cant get the big one because my 2nd disk drive with all the free space doesnt show up on the options of what disk to install the game on...dunno if that's doing anything but thought i'd mention it..

anyways, im pretty close to being able to play this game...i want to all the more because i read the story last night and it was great!

so if anyone has any suggestions as to how to solve this sound problem, and how to get my other disk drive to show up on installation i should be fine

thanks, as always

ImpulsE69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just choose Soundblaster Compatible...(or soundblaster pro?) ...that should work. midi just use defaults. You really should get ScummVM though. It runs it better and I think its easier to configure.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, this guy is the biggest noob ever, and not one of you guys made fun of him! I'm proud of you, GBAtemp.net!

No offense of calling you a noob, I didn't mean it in a derogatory way

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
RoboClover said:
0.o....

that hurts.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I just mean that you don't know a lot about computers, which, around here, usually gets you made fun of. Don't take offense, I didn't mean to offend!

RoboClover

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, you guys were right about scummvm, i downloaded that and along with using daemontools, i got the game running perfectly in a matter of minutes.

thanks so much! ima go play now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1