Hacking I have done some stupid things, please help solving

fatsausage

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
First of all, Thanks for your reading, here is my problem

I bought my Japanese Wii on Jan 2007, and I stick to JP original games these years

Recent weeks, after learning that a Wii can be modded to play US titles without hard modding, I gave it a try

(I am not a pure dumb in doing this kind of work, e.g. I modded my PSP, patching PS2 games to play on HDL etc)

but since I am lazy, I did not study the whole system structure and the modding theory behind it. Here are the general steps I've done modding my wii

1. downloading a package with lots of stuff, some cIOSs (sorry dunno what is it), some WADs (these are programs right??).
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I put them in a SD Card

2. Then I start my Wii ( I think it's 4.1j), then start SD card
3. then I install HBC, DVDx and BootMii on Boot2
4. Using HBC to run Trucha Bug Restorer
5. Chose IOS36, downgrade IOS 15, using IOS15v523 and IOS15v257 from the sd card
6. re-run trucha bug restorer, chose IOS15, inside the IOS36 menu, choosing "YES" for 3 options
7. load IOS36v3351 from SDcard
8. Running Trucha Bug again, chose IOS 36, then Restore IOS15
9. Using Wad Manger 1.5, uninstall IOS222v65280 IOS223v65280 IOS249v65280 IOS250v65280
10. Install IOS222v4, IOS223v4, IOS249rev14, IOS250rev14
11. pressing Home button and leave

after doing these steps, I can play backup games and games of different region

one day, someone updated 4.2j and I can't start anything from HBC now, screen simply goes black
I can still play original games

what should I do, hmm, I'd like to unmod, cleanup the whole system and start all over

Thank you so so much for reading this and helping

Andrew

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your cIOS has been over written. 4.2 will install ios's to slot 222, 223, 249, and 250. use DOP-IOS Mod, and remove the stubs and reinstall the ones you have.

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR NAND WITH BOOTMII when you get this back to working properly. then you can always roll back if necessary. install priiloader as well and block updates.

Use this guide to reinstall you cIOS files HBC is fine if it is still on your system menu, it probably is using JODI instead of HAXX

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Use bannerbomb to reinstall the HBC. I'm guessing it used an IOS for the last install that is now a stub due to the upgrade.

Can I just ask, why not use a loader for region free, it's much less risky than region changing?

Edit: Didn't read properly, thought he said the HBC black screened, not apps launched from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-