Hacking Homebrew i have bricked phat psp

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i just got a bricked psp from a friend who asked me if I could fix it.
I said I would have a look but I didn't make any promises..

He bricked his psp somehow when he tried to downgrade it. He was using the GTA:LCS downgrade method and he said that when he loaded GTA, instead of the screen turning blue as its meant to, the psp turned off.
Now the psp won't turn on anymore but if you hold R then you can make it load into the recovery mode menu.

Is there anything I can do without a pandora battery? I don't have access to one at the moment.
The previous firmware was 3.03-oe.

knilsilooc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If recovery works, it's fixable. I'm not sure if I can post the recovery files though, there may be a legal issue with that. You'll have to search around and use these instructions:

"1. Turn off your PSP by holding the power button for 4 seconds.
2. Hold the "R" button and turn on your PSP to boot into recovery mode.
3. Connect your PSP to your computer.
4. Select "Toggle USB" and press X, this will enable the USB connection.
5. Unrar the 'Recovery Package' to your PSP memory stick (e.g E:\).
6. On your PSP select "Toggle USB" and press X, this will disable the USB connection.
7. Select "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" and press X
8. You will start the recovery program, wait while your PSP prepares the files needed to recover.
9. Press X to start the reinstall or the uninstall depending on the package you downloaded.
10. You can delete the /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/ folder from your memory stick once you have finished."

But...

holditbf5.gif

There is clearly a contradiction in your testimony. You said that the firmware was 3.03 OE. However, this cannot be! What reason would your friend have to exploit GTA in order to downgrade if he already had custom firmware?

knilsilooc

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly have no clue guys.
This is the psp of a friend who messed up a downgrading attempt however as far as i know he's a noob at the psp homebrew scene so he might have been trying to downgrade a psp with a custom firmware...

@knilsilooc
could you explain more about the recovery files?
You talk as if there are multiple versions..
If you're not comfortable talking about this in the forum then send me an e-mail or a pm

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system