Gaming I have been banned by live anyway around this ?

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
well you only have yourself to blame, everyone knows that before flashing thier console and choosing the route of piracy that thiers a huge risk of being banned from live. This is a huge deterrent for most. WFC has nothing to do with this, nintendos online service is just plain terrible.

air2004

Air
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't play games I d/l online , but I was auto set to login to live when I turn my xbox on.... so does anyone think that buying a new hard drive could solve my problem and creating a new account ?

wyndcrosser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
regardless of wether youve played it online or offline microsoft will still know youve played it. if its offline all the data that is collected (such as played games) is sent to microsoft when you next log in.

That is right. I'd make a new account (different name) + new Hard drive. Use the new HD + account for LIVE, and the other for games you "acquired". It's speculation whether or not the BIG M is able to read data from inside your computer aka memory. I doubt it. The above concept is ur best bet to avoid the "hammer".

Oh and I don't care about what he was talking about, his useless comments aren't helping this kid out any.

Wynd

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jaxxster said:
regardless of wether youve played it online or offline microsoft will still know youve played it. if its offline all the data that is collected (such as played games) is sent to microsoft when you next log in.
So explain why people I know with modded consoles have played pre-released games on their 360's and only connected to their Live accounts, not actually played them online yet they haven't been banned hmm?

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
jaxxster said:
So explain why people I know with modded consoles have played pre-released games on their 360's and only connected to their Live accounts, not actually played them online yet they haven't been banned hmm?
They will get banned. I think Microsoft is now banning people who play games early regardless of a modded console or not. This has been shown with Forza Motorsport 3 and Borderlands so far.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
DSGamer64 said:
jaxxster said:

Some people get lucky, i mean ive played tonnes of games online before release dates and havent been banned. You and anyone else that thinks just unplugging your ethernet cable will stop you getting banned are very naive. What about achievements you earnt whilst playing the game offline? Dont think theyve got a time and date stamp attached to them?

There's no perfect way to avoid detection, the only best thing you can try and do is only play games from your region, after theyve been released and make sure theyre verified against retail releases through abgx

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
DSGamer64 said:
His account was banned, not his console, learn2read. You shouldn't even connect to live with a pre-released game anyway just to be on the safe side.
I thought MS bans the consoles and not the accounts and I thought MS said they won't ban people for prereleased games because it's the stores fault for breaking the release dates...

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
DSGamer64 said:
His account was banned, not his console, learn2read. You shouldn't even connect to live with a pre-released game anyway just to be on the safe side.
I thought MS bans the consoles and not the accounts and I thought MS said they won't ban people for prereleased games because it's the stores fault for breaking the release dates...
They ban the console when you play a game that's not properly stealthed (sp?). I guess they seem to be changing their rules.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they started doing it when halo 3 odst was leaked

I guess they are got tired of people not heeding their warnings

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That gamertag is never coming back and there's nothing you can do. You can make a new one but don't be surprised to see the console itself banned soon, so I wouldn't recommend buying Gold again.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to say, but it seems that you pretty much just self-owned here. This is why even when I get to successfully mod my own 360, I would never play a game on the thing before release.

It'd be one thing if a store decided to sell the game early, but sounds like you were just dumb about it.

If anything, the worst that I would suggest is wiping the old profile, and making a new gamertag. It doesn't sound like your console was banned though.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don't think of it as a great loss, think of it as a fresh start
biggrin.gif

Looks like forza and borderlands were bad dumps, good job i didn't bother trying them yet.

Either way i'd sell it, and just get a new 360, MS probably has their eye on you .

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wyndcrosser said:
Why would u even play early? is it worth getting banned? When i play on LIVE, I buy my games.

You can pay for new acc/buy seperate HD, would likely work if you don't want to erase ur saves, etc.

Wynd

MS can detect the difference between a real game and a copy if you switch between them. If you have a freshly flashed console, it is best to use nothing but copies on it. A microsoft insider let that one slip a while back.

DSGamer64 said:
XWolf said:
Is it me or was this just a total lack of common sense!

Why go online with a game you obviously cannot possibly own!
I played GH5 on my Wii ages before it was actually released and I didn't get banned from WFC
tongue.gif

Nintendos online setup, WFC, is basically 2 cups and some string compared to PSN and XBL. I doubt they even have the manpower to even investigate everything that happens on nintendos network since they live by a mantra of less employees doing more for the company. MS and Sony have teams of people monitoring their networks all the time. Its why nintendo is a joke when it comes to online.

QUOTE(mpg187 @ Oct 22 2009, 01:59 PM) QUOTE(DSGamer64 @ Oct 21 2009, 08:42 AM)

I have Tekken 6 sitting here, and i'd love to play it, but i am not stupid enough, nor impatient enough to not wait till release day, and that it gets verified on abgx360. Obviously it is not fullproof, but it is the best we have, and im sticking to it. I actually do not burn anything till a week or 2 after release date usually, i have magna carta 2 and brutal legend sitting here along side tekken 6 on my hdd, but i wait in case they end up being marked dumps.

If you guys need to play games before they are out, buy a 2nd 360 off of craigslist and use that offline. Otherwise, learn some patience and become wiser. FYI, my first 360 got banned during the first MEGA ban for the Halo 3 beta thing. I sold it, bought another one, and haven't been banned since. Of course, im on my 5th or 6th xbox 360 due to red rings since MS makes the 360s as cheap as possible in some mongolian cave by a bunch of crack addict monkeys.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
So does microsoft ban people that play games early if their legit? In australia i know of people taht bought fable 2 and stuff like a week before its official date from shops and played.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sir-Fritz said:
So does microsoft ban people that play games early if their legit? In australia i know of people taht bought fable 2 and stuff like a week before its official date from shops and played.
it's different if a store decides to sell early, but I think they'd also make note of which locations this was in.

perkele

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
jaxxster said:
What about achievements you earnt whilst playing the game offline? Dont think theyve got a time and date stamp attached to them?
They don't have a date stamp attached to them, bcs how can they know the xbox's date is set correct?
The only problem is when you go back online before that game was out, then the achievements will get uploaded to Live early.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...