Hacking I have a hope of R4 Team still being alive!!!

chintendox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did a quick whois search and their domain expired 2011. It said last updated 2009!!!! THATS THIS YEAR!!! Do the whois search and see 4 urself!!!

James_Wulfe

Trophies
Website
okami-designs.ath.cx
XP
Country
United States
It could be an update script to keep the site looking healthy......

Anyways R4 is very much dead, if they were going to make a come back they would have done so by now. If anything the team will return under a new cart called something else, but as for the R4 it is only kept alive by dedicated fans. R. I. P.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was just a link to a skin page, check the last link on this page.

Unfortunately there's no evidence to suggest the the person who added the link was one of the firmware coding team so don't be expecting a firmware update.

EDIT: And it would seem that the skin page is nothing more than a mock-up fake version of NDSThemes with themes stolen from that very site. They haven't even bothered to remove the 'Downloaded from NDSThemes' text file from the zips!

Governa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
chintendox said:
I have a hope of R4 Team still being alive!!!!

No way Jose, the R4 team is dead as a dodo when it comes to the good old R4DS. DSi? Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If they wanted to make a move in that direction and have a ride/quick start on their solid, established (and deserved) reputation, they would have done it a long time ago.

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
was hacked long before...
now the site is only for some gold rusher to earn some cash using google adsense...
r4 team is surely alive....but it have to be in low profile cause everyone knows nintendo is trying to cease any proof of the team...

chintendox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, Well. I'm sorry I wasted your time guys. BTW that site has been going to expire in 2011 for a LONG TIME!!!!

If you must buy a fake R4, Buy R4 Ultra. That team ACTUALLY UPDATES THEIR FIRMWARE. Unlike lots of fake r4 guys that take the very last real r4 firmware and hack it to work on their flashcart.

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
what it got to do with a site that going to expire in 2011 and a DEAD product?
any link?

fake r4? well is the consumer's choice to buy what they want
as long they don't come back and complain
infact, there are a few complains that r4 ultra latest firmware can't play few of the new games

chintendox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If u have to buy and r4 fake, get r4 or r4i ultra... that team actually UPDATES their firmware unlike some guys that hack the newest real r4 firmware and abandon their firmware updates.

NEWS: R4 Team updated their site JAN 2009 for a skin list update.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude, get over yourself. the original r4 team is dead. their last firmware update was 1.18. after that, they died. i dont even know why there are people releasing fake r4's. they probably did it kuz r4 was so popular back in the day.

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"how do i make my acekard2i look like my r4?"

lol. thats like asking "how do i make my 360 look like the psp/ps3 interface?"

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well considering the fact that the R4 is completely BANNED in Japan, it wont be coming back any time soon; there are a lot of potential sales there.

Dream on kid, and why on earth do you want such a crap card to come back into the scene

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm why is this thread still alive?
tongue.gif

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this a joke? Or are you some kind of delusional R4 fanboy?

At its time it was great, but you need to stop going on about it. It's not good any more, and all R4s on the market are fake. Get a new flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in