Xydin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello;

I'm not going to sit here and ask what the "BEST" cart is, but I am just wondering what cart will fit the needs of me and my fiance.

The two primary uses for flash carts for me and fiance are to play backups of our GBA and DS games. We currently have DS Lite's, and are not rushing to get a DSi anytime soon or anything. I just think it would be easy to have backups of all my GBA and DS games in one place, so I don't have to swap all the times and I can keep my originals somewhere safe and out of the way. I'm pretty sure that to play GBA games that it needs to be a Slot 2 Cart; but is there any kind of.. "package" or something?

One thing that is very important to my fiance is WiFi. I'm not sure if it is possible, but are there any Flash Carts that allow you to go online in games (like Pokemon) to trade with her friends and whatnot. If there is that would be a big plus.

Some others features that would be nice to have for us are:

Listening to music
Watching movies (If possible)
Browsing the Internet (Again, if possible)
Ability to read eBooks would be good for my fiance

And maybe I could get into Homebrew stuff if I learned more about it

Anyways, I'm not sure what else we would need it for, I guess it would be nice if it supported SDHC so I can hold all my music and stuff on a big card.

Thanks in advance for any help, I appreciate it.

If anymore information is needed/wanted please just let me know.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want DS and GBA you should buy either:
Acekard 2 and an ez flash 3in1
or
M3 real Perfect Bundle

all flashcarts can do all the extra features you wanted(music etc.)

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's possible to browse the net once you have a slot 2 flashcart to use for a ram attachment. Possible, but not very enjoyable at all.

Movies are a pain as you have to convert them all to dpg, and the quality isn't exactly great unless we're talking about large file sizes. Music should be fine with moonshell no conversion needed if it's mp3s.

I'd say go for the Acekard 2 (with AKAIO) and ez flash 3in1 for your DS and GBA gaming needs.

Xydin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the quick replies;

I guess movies and internet browsing aren't that big of a deal, I have other handheld things that can do that.

Is there any big difference between Acekard 2 w/ EZ Flash 3in1 and the M3 Real Perfect Bundle?

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xydin said:
Thanks for all the quick replies;

I guess movies and internet browsing aren't that big of a deal, I have other handheld things that can do that.

Is there any big difference between Acekard 2 w/ EZ Flash 3in1 and the M3 Real Perfect Bundle?
All flashcards can browse the internet and play movies. Acekard has less features than M3 but it is cheaper.

Xydin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks; I was looking at reviews on both the Acekard 2 and M3 Real and they both seem pretty nice, if Acekard is cheaper then I will definitely just go with that.

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to buy Acekard 2 and EZFlash 3in1 from?

Oh, I was also wondering about saving games.. will they just save normally, or will I have to do something?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All your saves will be saved directly into the MicroSD. Both carts are good for the stuff you want. I suggest you get the Acekard though as it is less buggy and its a great combo with the EZ-Flash 3in1.

Xydin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks.. one other question..

Will I be putting my GBA back ups onto the SDHC on the Acekard, or is there some memory to put the games onto the EZ Flash?

And is DealExtreme a trustable site to buy these things from?

EDIT:

Ok, now another question sorry.. I was looking at Acekard 2's and saw the Acekard 2i; should I get this one to be more "future-proof" incase that I ever do get a DSi, or should I just stick with the Acekard 2?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If there's little price difference just get the Acekard 2i. Apart from it working on the DSi it has the same features as the Acekard 2.

Dealextreme is trustworthy. Only problem is they are slow at shipping. You could be waiting 3 weeks for a delivery.

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy from realhotstuff.com, they have what you need.
American site, very fast delivery (2-3 days), more expensive than dealextreme, though.

Xydin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. the price difference between DealExtreme and realhotstuff is a little more than I thought it was. $62 compared to $92, not sure if I should still get it from realhotstuff or just go with dealextreme.

Oh and I got a somewhat off-topic question; is there anyway to transfer my fiance's Pokemon Platinum save over to the flash cart so she doesn't have to start all over to play her backup?

Xydin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I'll try to figure out how to use SavSender and test it with her Pokemon Pearl first to make sure nothing gets messed up.

And once again, kind of off topic but.. realhotstuff.com won't let me have Acekard 2i's and the EZ Flash 3-in-1's in my cart at the same time for the some reason..its like there is two different carts or something; do I have to order them separately?

sfg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hmm.. the price difference between DealExtreme and realhotstuff is a little more than I thought it was. $62 compared to $92

Huh? Acekard2i is $24 and the 3 in 1 is about $20. There's no way the shipping can get you to $92, unless you get Express or something. First Class is perfect.

QUOTEAnd once again, kind of off topic but.. realhotstuff.com won't let me have Acekard 2i's and the EZ Flash 3-in-1's in my cart at the same time for the some reason.

Just tried and it's like that indeed... don't know why. Shouldn't be a problem getting them in 2 orders, though.

Also, you can get the Acekard with free shipping. http://www.realhotstuff.com/acekard-free-shipping-p-321.html

Xydin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah sorry;

Forgot to mention I was ordering one set for me and one set for my fiance, so 2x Acekard 2i's and 2x EZ Flash 3in1's

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could try 0shippingzone.com they sell both for a cheap price. But if you want to buy from Realhotstuff then just order the stuff separately you still get free shipping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: