I hate open worlds games

krzys4x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
they drop to 40 fps I like not open worlds games like tombraider 2013 cod bf I will never buy an opened world game :gun: :switch: :yayswitch: :yayone: :yayps3: :psp: :toot:
I think open worlds are simply shooting to trees walking simulators I like short not long gamez I didnt finished played 99 % open worlds I bought gta 5 xsx cause game is about shooter or cyberpunk but didnt finished cant wait for assassin creed mirage do u like open worlds what u think

Last edited by krzys4x,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Open-world games have lost a lot of charm. Too many games just feel empty as a result of having a massive map and literally nothing else. Most of them just look like the same game with slightly different paint. Even Pokemon finally got an open world is generic trash that could easily have been mistaken for any other open-world game. I wish there were more open world games like Yakuza, small maps but plenty to do.

Reactions: CoolMe

boot3

Internet trash
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Open-world games have lost a lot of charm. Too many games just feel empty as a result of having a massive map and literally nothing else. Most of them just look like the same game with slightly different paint. Even Pokemon finally got an open world is generic trash that could easily have been mistaken for any other open-world game. I wish there were more open world games like Yakuza, small maps but plenty to do.
If you wanna have a huge map, that's fine, but you'd better have things to do throughout all of it. Good example imo is GTA V, great game, but only like half of it is actually worth exploring. Most times I'm outside of Los Santos I'm just bored.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you wanna have a huge map, that's fine, but you'd better have things to do throughout all of it. Good example imo is GTA V, great game, but only like half of it is actually worth exploring. Most times I'm outside of Los Santos I'm just bored.
But then you got Yakuza, small map, fucking amazing and filled with great stuff to do!

krzys4x

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like rail shooters non stop action and not walking great

:gun: :yaywii: :yayswitch: :yayps3: :switch: ^_^ :psp: :yayone:

I love the club best game as pgr3 creators made it

:toot:

Last edited by krzys4x,

crookeddragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a toss up personally
Sometimes it has just enough to keep me playing but other times it feels like there's too much to do
And I'm an RPG person!

Nehemek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
I do like open world games but it’s true that they take up so long to complete. I have yet to finish TotK, I’m so interested in the story however it is so long and with work I barely get any time to play lately :cry:

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My first fray into an "open-world" game was Burnout Paradise. As an avid fan of the Burnout series, it felt like a major slap to the face. I miss the classic game modes that made the series so great to begin with. Blindly driving around the fairly small map didn't FEEL like a Burnout game at all. The map didn't really vary much due to it's small size, and it just felt like a developer cop-out, just so they didn't have to put in any creative work. Many open-world games feel like this to me.

And now look at the devs; They haven't put out any Burnout games since. It's almost like the game was a flop or something, hmm...

Now Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom were open-world games done right. The maps are large, varying in biomes and features, and there was always so much to do.

I feel like Fallout 4 could have varied the map a little more as well, like having pockets of areas that were protected from the nuclear fallout as sort of nice little bonus areas to explore. When the entire map just looks dead and rotting, it gets old pretty quick.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They're not for me anymore. Like... The gameplay is just about getting from A to B and/or shooting things. I prefer boomer shooters for the latter, and racing games for the former.

I mean...I'm glad I got gta V for a huge discount. Finished it, but afterwards my best memories are these two:
1) at one point i picked up someone outside of a mission, talked for a bit, and she became a part of the crew. This was memorable only because it wasn't scripted.
2) there's a yoga minigame in there, which I really liked. Mind you, this was something that was mocked in iirc angry Joe reviews (which I then stopped watching).

Am the rest was a haze. Hours of gaming that seem like nothing really happened.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first fray into an "open-world" game was Burnout Paradise. As an avid fan of the Burnout series, it felt like a major slap to the face. I miss the classic game modes that made the series so great to begin with. Blindly driving around the fairly small map didn't FEEL like a Burnout game at all. The map didn't really vary much due to it's small size, and it just felt like a developer cop-out, just so they didn't have to put in any creative work. Many open-world games feel like this to me.

And now look at the devs; They haven't put out any Burnout games since. It's almost like the game was a flop or something, hmm...

Now Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom were open-world games done right. The maps are large, varying in biomes and features, and there was always so much to do.

I feel like Fallout 4 could have varied the map a little more as well, like having pockets of areas that were protected from the nuclear fallout as sort of nice little bonus areas to explore. When the entire map just looks dead and rotting, it gets old pretty quick.
I like Burnout Paradise, but it's not quite as fun as Revenge for me.

Not long ago I completed Revenge and I loved it, then I played the game many consider the best of the series (Takedown), and honestly... That felt like a downgrade. I was so disappointed I just stopped playing it.

1. Revenge
2. Paradise
3. Takedown (or "Legends" on PSP)
4. Dominator
5. Point of Impact
6. Burnout

In Revenge you can bump into cars and they'll get out of the way, whereas Takedown you crash immediately.

By the way, I played it on PS4 (PS2-to-PS4) and it looked like a true HD Remaster. Wow, EA is crazy not to release it on newer systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol