I got some sort of bug and I need help figuring out what I need to do

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 755
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
So what's been going on is that my router as of late, has been getting dos attacked through port scans. The ip address for some reason is coming from my dns, aka, my ISP. At first I thought it was some sort of virus. Possibly coming from my computer. So I wiped my hardrive clean. created a brand new mbr. And just to make extra sure, I also installed linux. But the attacks where still coming in. I checked the router security and everything was in place as it should be. Recently I changed my dns on my computer to the cloud flare vpn from the normal automatic received dns. The ip attacking then changed to that dns number. And, there is a second device with what ever this bug is, since one still is logging as from my ISP, and the other logging from cloudflare. Now this where things get problematic and hard to fix presumably. Since clearly it's not a virus within windows, not a virus within mbr. And while in a fresh install of linux, the attacks still came in, even with every security update. It leads me to come to the conclusion that I've some how at some point (my computer I use is over 7 years old. When I was little, I was a moron and still learning the ropes, I've had this thing for way to long, but can't get rid of it since I don't have any other choice) at some point using my computer, I must of some how managed to install some sort of bios virus. I haven't been able to figure out the second device yet. But, what ever the case is. It's causing havoc with my router. My laptop is a c655-s5305 Toshiba laptop. I'm unable to create a installation media of their bios because toshiba just doesn't support usb... which is rather annoying. Since I rarely ever use optical media, I have no discs to burn. And because my computer says it has the latest version of the bios, using their installer in windows will just say that I have the latest version and prevent me entirely. The installer I'm speaking of is from toshiba's driver website. https://support.toshiba.com/drivers

Last edited by ,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, first and foremost, your BIOS isn't infected. Secondly, do these "attacks" take place when you're doing something with multiple, concurrent connections like torrent downloading? Some routers see this type of traffic as a SYN/ACK flood, and shut themselves down as a safety measure.

D

Deleted User

OP
Well, first and foremost, your BIOS isn't infected. Secondly, do these "attacks" take place when you're doing something with multiple, concurrent connections like torrent downloading? Some routers see this type of traffic as a SYN/ACK flood, and shut themselves down as a safety measure.
no. They happen just with my computer being on, not even playing like a game or using a bitorrent. I could be just on the desktop, and the attacks still come in. And these attacks occur across linux.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Are there any other devices on your network? If so, are they affected as well? Also, what are you using to determine the origin of the attacks? If they are indeed DoS attacks, they're not coming from your own network. An attacker consistently killing his bot makes no sense. This sounds more like your router going retarded when resolving DNSs.

Last edited by Joom,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E