Hacking I found japanese console , should I buy it?

patientx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK guys I decided to buy wii at least got the money too and I live in Turkey so we are in pal terrority , but it seems it would not be possible to play every ntsc u/j game in pal consoles even with converting etc. I found a guy who got a jap console and thinking about buying it . My questions are ,

Does wiikey and the free solutions /chiip etc./ work on it ?
Is the menus/etc on the japanese wii only japanese or can I change it to english ?
Can I play US titles with this easily -to be clear , is ntsc-u -> ntsc-j always works ?- ?
I know wii 's origin is japan and pal only got what the developers select for us from the us/j titles , so I dont really need to play pal games on it so its no big deal but, for curiosity can I play PAL games with the j console ?

Thanks.

laurenz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most modchips do work on all region Wii's.
Although i don't know if all NTSC games will work even though you got a japanese. Mainly because in the USA the standard is 60 Hz but in Europe it's often 50 Hz but if you got a newer TV that supports 60 Hz or higher all things should work fine.
Im not expert in this area, so i could be completely wrong. But in that case i hope someone corrects me.

patientx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I plan to buy wiikey or build my own so these two are important to me , do they work on jap wii ? I wont be using a TV I will use a tv card to play on my lcd
smile.gif
And also if I were to use a TV our Tv's here supports both ntsc and pal.

I especially need answers for my other questions. Help please. Thanks.

patientx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks I have already seen that, my problem is there isnt a ntsc-u -> ntsc-j compability list ...
frown.gif
I only need confirmation that ntsc-u -> ntsc-j conversions are as compatible as ntsc-j ->ntsc-u .... )

auyongtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a Japanese console, and with wiikey installed since last Friday. Working well since, but I use mainly NTSC-U backups. It works quite well... a few quirks though...

Rayman NTSC-U won't work (but that's coz some people said it won't work on 480p), but Rayman PAL worked on this console at 480p
smile.gif

Sonic NTSC-U started up in Japanese language, but can be changed in the game options to English.

Red Steel NTSC-U will only give u Japanese text, coz it detected Japanese console, no way I found to change this to English. Weird.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER