Homebrew I found a eshop bug on this a good one

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I transferred from emunand to emunand OK so emunand to sysnand should be fine. One point to mention is that I formatted the sysnand after creating the emunand on the source system to unlink them. Maybe this step is the key to ensure the emunand can transfer?

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I transferred from emunand to emunand OK so emunand to sysnand should be fine. One point to mention is that I formatted the sysnand after creating the emunand on the source system to unlink them. Maybe this step is the key to ensure the emunand can transfer?

Emunand to emunand, we already knows works fine, emunand to sysnand is the big problem, it does not work for now
I tried with linked and unlinked sys/emu nand and i tried with and without nnid, the pre-installed games don't get tied to the target console.
So the only thing left to try out is update the source 3DS to sysnand 9.6 and loosing gateway support (that's why we need a hardmodded console for that, so we can write an older nand back) and system transffer sysnand to sysnand

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Emunand to emunand, we already knows works fine, emunand to sysnand is the big problem, it does not work for now
I tried with linked and unlinked sys/emu nand and i tried with and without nnid, the pre-installed games don't get tied to the target console.
So the only thing left to try out is update the source 3DS to sysnand 9.6 and loosing gateway support (that's why we need a hardmodded console for that, so we can write an older nand back) and system transffer sysnand to sysnand

you can't install a exploitable browser ad use it to enter the GW/rxtools menu and do a downgrade/ repair with the nand backup do you have?

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okey, I tried here aaaaad
I'v use donly one SD and stuffs, downloaded some of these .cia and installed then on emunand with GW
updated the emunand via rXTools, opened each game, then eshop
the games where mario 3Dland , new super mario 2 and mario & luigi
then entered eshop.. these titles, exept new super mario 2 where as " downloaded" and have option to "repair software" , but n " software syou can download again" only has youtube, nintendo video and sub wars :v none of these
so did it worked?
funny/Strange that I have mighty gunvolt installed here (from the times it wasn't released to Brazilian eshop) and there was " downloaded" as well :v with the repair option ...

second thing is that I can't open emunand on GW , but I think it was because the update, right? Since I have a backup, everything is fine

Edit:
ok.. this is crazy :v I was trying to test if was posible to "redownload" the titles, but on Rx emunand, I cant enter the data management on the 3DS confugurations so I put again my old emunand on the SD and all the new games don't show up there anymore (I made the backup before installing them), okey I entered the system configurations/preferences and saw there they where with darker icon and a X on the corner (like the things instaled on emunand shows on sysnand lol), I deleted them by there , plus the mighty gunvolt
Tried to install another one to test (harvest moon a new beggning) and went to Rx emunand again,
HM don't wanted tp open here , say that had an error and asked me to download on eshop again*cough* never mind, updated the emunand once more , it's icon just gone.
Them, entering Eshop, no one of the last titles of the legit CIA where available to re-download, then I tried mighty gunvolt (unlegit one) and it had the option to download again!!!
But I tried and it give me the error 007-6106 every time :B

well I have no idea whats going on :v
Note that MGV had a savefile õ3o

so am i SOL?

I had the same error (007-6106, 009-6106) installing the Omega Ruby 1.3 update, because I installed the OR 1.2 update onto sysnand with a non-legit CIA. I had to format the 3DS from System Settings before I could install it without that error.

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had the same error (007-6106, 009-6106) installing the Omega Ruby 1.3 update, because I installed the OR 1.2 update with a non-legit CIA. I had to format the 3DS from System Settings before I could install it without that error.

oh this make sence XD but if I do that and use the same nnid, I will be able to get the one that was non legit there ? õ3o

KazoWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same error (007-6106, 009-6106) installing the Omega Ruby 1.3 update, because I installed the OR 1.2 update onto sysnand with a non-legit CIA. I had to format the 3DS from System Settings before I could install it without that error.

its not worth it havingto reinstall all the legit cia again. oh well, i already have x form the eshop on another emunand with the proper update.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

all you had to do was go to system settings and uninstall that 1.2 or update then just skip the other in install the 1.3 and it would have worked that way you did not even have to reformat the 3ds. I know i had the same thing go down with me.

DRWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all you had to do was go to system settings and uninstall that 1.2 or update then just skip the other in install the 1.3 and it would have worked that way you did not even have to reformat the 3ds. I know i had the same thing go down with me.

I wish it was that easy, but uninstalling it from system settings didn't do the trick for me. I tried a lot of things, including

- uninstalling all updates from system settings
- reinstalling an old update (1.2) from CIA and trying to get it to overwrite the old update
- uninstalling the CIA update from BigBlueMenu
- updating from both inside and outside the eShop

Formatting was the only thing that worked to solve my problem.

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CIA was installed on sysnand.

Then I don't see how you was having a prob uninstalling the 1.2update to install the 1.3 Now if you was on emunand doing it then i can see why but not system nand, you must have been doing something wrong.

(off topic every other time i go to ether reload this page or reply it will set and load for ever and ever like 10 min or more and does it very often its not just me it does it with a few others i know and i get 50gb a sec so its not my end so if i don't reply in some time you guys know why.)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so either Nintendo fixed this or I'm doing something wrong.

I have a 4.3.0-9U system with a hardware NAND mod. While on 4.3, I booted into Gateway mode, ran BigBlueManager off the Gateway and installed three separate "legit CIA" files, USA region. All 3 games work on 4.3 firmware, did this just as a sanity check.

Turned the system off, removed my Gateway, so it booted up in normal mode. As expected due to the "legit CIA" nature, the games were able to be played just fine without being in Gateway mode.

Then I added an Internet connection and updated it over wi-fi to 9.6.0-26U. Once it restarted and launched the home menu, I went into system settings and created a random NNID. Launched the eShop, did all the initial setup. If I searched for one of those games, it showed as "Installed" in the eShop.

Went back to home menu, the games were still there (unlike if you try to clone your NAND and opening eShop invalidates the tickets). So far so good. Went into data management and uninstalled one of the games. Went back into eShop and went to redownloadable software, "There are no titles that can be redownloaded."

Hmm...

I can't exactly use emuNAND either since no Gateway support for 9.6 yet.

--Edit--

OK, so that's strange. If I actually search for the name of the game and select it, THEN I see "To redownload screen"
Redownloading it now.

Odd how it didn't show up under redownloadable software though. Might try deleting it a second time once it's installed the legit way through the eShop and see if that makes a difference.

Katlanie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have a 4.3.0-9U system with a hardware NAND mod. While on 4.3, I booted into Gateway mode, ran BigBlueManager off the Gateway and installed three separate "legit CIA" files, USA region. All 3 games work on 4.3 firmware, did this just as a sanity check.

Turned the system off, removed my Gateway, so it booted up in normal mode. As expected due to the "legit CIA" nature, the games were able to be played just fine without being in Gateway mode.

Then I added an Internet connection and updated it over wi-fi to 9.6.0-26U. Once it restarted and launched the home menu, I went into system settings and created a random NNID. Launched the eShop, did all the initial setup. If I searched for one of those games, it showed as "Installed" in the eShop.

Went back to home menu, the games were still there (unlike if you try to clone your NAND and opening eShop invalidates the tickets). So far so good. Went into data management and uninstalled one of the games. Went back into eShop and went to redownloadable software, "There are no titles that can be redownloaded."

Hmm...

--Edit--

OK, so that's strange. If I actually search for the name of the game and select it, THEN I see "To redownload screen"
Redownloading it now.

Odd how it didn't show up under redownloadable software though. Might try deleting it a second time once it's installed the legit way through the eShop and see if that makes a difference.

That is perfectly normal and expected. You will only see the option to redownload when you search. By the way since you already have it setup can you try and test a transfer to another console on 9.6 if you know someone who has one updated that doesn't use flashcards? This is what I was going to test next but still trying to find a local shop willing to do the solder and instructions I have for them.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is perfectly normal and expected. You will only see the option to redownload when you search. By the way since you already have it setup can you try and test a transfer to another console on 9.6 if you know someone who has one updated that doesn't use flashcards? This is what I was going to test next but still trying to find a local shop willing to do the solder and instructions I have for them.

I only have the one USA region console that's NAND modded. I have a 2DS as well but until there's support for 9.6 in emuNAND there's not much I can do. (Would RxMode work though?)

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes rxtools boots 9.6 emunand fine :)

I know, but I mean, can you do a system transfer to/from it like you can with Gateway emunand? I just don't want to risk updating my 2DS sysnand since I don't have a NAND mod soldered in and would rather avoid having to do that.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I know, but I mean, can you do a system transfer to/from it like you can with Gateway emunand? I just don't want to risk updating my 2DS sysnand since I don't have a NAND mod soldered in and would rather avoid having to do that.

sure no reason it would not work, although some people seem to have problems with things like this anyway (rxtools, gw, etc)

leerpsp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm...

--Edit--

Redownloading it now.

Yep If you read back in the comments you see that I say you have to search for the name of the game to find it because it does not show up in the download list.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Redownloading it now.

But.. can you transfer your account to another 3DS (or 2DS, NN3DS, XL) and still keep the games for redownloading?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...