Hacking i formatted and fucked up my wii

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
what you are saying is,after i bridge the connection to pal, i should burn(cant buy) a copy of the freeloader to boot zelda
Yes, freeloader would do it...but if you can burn, then just stick to PAL Zelda, maybe

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i think it might work without the freeloader,cause videomode is still set to ntsc(maybe) cause other wise my wii would boot up in black and white

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
i think it might work without the freeloader,cause videomode is still set to ntsc(maybe) cause other wise my wii would boot up in black and white
Anyway you should try bridging these connectors to PAL - it's only thing you can do now.

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yes,, i would be able to do it on weekend, cause its exam week

praying it works

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hahaha

also am i supposed to bridge all 3 or just point 1 and 2?

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
and let this be a lesson to EVERYONE!!!! before you think about messing with the region and system menus make sure you know what your doing, or restore your setting, typicaly restore back to your 1st region and firmware that you was on before you used the downgrader, update useing nintendo client. im still waiting for a comment from bushing or someone about the 1st post related to the downgrader lol, but seriously people think twice 1st, alot of this stiff may work but it isnt know of the side effects along the line

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is not about the downgrader or region changer. As i said in the first page, some modchip without the ability to soft-config need to be resolder to make it work in new region. But people need to do some research first about what they going to do, what are the possible problems.

@thread starter: ur chip is quite easy to change region, just bridge all 3 of them. But better to find a Pal copy of Zelda first before do anything with hardware.

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks to everyone who helped, i will post back my results on the weekend

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easiest solution is to burn a DVD. can't afford one? gotta find one. much easier than unecessarily opening your wii. you risk fucking it up and you will have to unbridge it again once you've switched regions...

simply download any PAL game. or if you don't want to wait, then rip the .ISO of a PAL game you already have. open the main.dol with TRUCHA. replace the main.dol with the .dol you want to bootup (this WILL work.) for example, I've never used the TP hack even once. I used to use a disc created this way with a program "front sd elf loader" or something and would load up like that. once Homebrew channel was released, i installed it with this disc and haven't used it again. I'm guessing you could just replace main.dol with homebrewchannelinstaller.dol. from there i'm sure you know what to do...

this is assuming trucha-signed discs load, but i haven't seen you say anything or give any evidence that they won't work.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
bloodliketheatlantic said:
easiest solution is to burn a DVD. can't afford one? gotta find one. much easier than unecessarily opening your wii. you risk fucking it up and you will have to unbridge it again once you've switched regions...

simply download any PAL game. or if you don't want to wait, then rip the .ISO of a PAL game you already have. open the main.dol with TRUCHA. replace the main.dol with the .dol you want to bootup (this WILL work.) for example, I've never used the TP hack even once. I used to use a disc created this way with a program "front sd elf loader" or something and would load up like that. once Homebrew channel was released, i installed it with this disc and haven't used it again. I'm guessing you could just replace main.dol with homebrewchannelinstaller.dol. from there i'm sure you know what to do...

this is assuming trucha-signed discs load, but i haven't seen you say anything or give any evidence that they won't work.
Do you have read whole topic? His modchip is set to JAP.

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i did read it but i was a bit confused when he talked about the 2 PAL games and someone asked if they were working. he replied "they were working." makes sense when i read it with WERE.

so if the modchip is in Japanese mode and the menu is in PAL (BUT the firmware was never updated, still technically Japanese) then NO disc will load, even Japanese? is this correct? it seems to me a Japanese disc should still work.

i changed the region of my japanese wii to USA recently but i immediately changed the firmware to 3.2U and changed the modchip. but i never tested which discs from which region work with a new region but old firmware.

jan777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
annnnnnnd....

my shitchip still doesnt read games other than PAL

is there any way i could code up something to crash the photo channel or hack super paper mario's save (i am willing to learn c++ or c or whatever)

burning a disk is now not at hand, as my classmate isnt taking up my requests anymore, and my mom transferred to an other office where there is no dvd burner, well there is still hope in burning but very slim

or i could get a mod change to wiikey but zelda still wouldnt work right?

halp

bloodliketheatla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if your modchip is set to JPN then why is it reading PAL discs and nothing else? doesn't make any sense.

but if it can read any type of disc at all and you want to get it back to JPN region, you gotta burn TP or (even easier) a disc to install the homebrew channel.

you should be happy that it's reading discs at all. not hard to fix.

fly_us

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you cant do the soldering to bridge all 3 points?

If you did it, ur Wii should able to read all the disc, not only the Pal one. As i said before, you have two options:

- Bridge all 3 jumpers on the modchip.
- Get a Pal copy of Zelda or a install disc of HBC.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
You said your modchip reads only PAL disc? Get a PAL homebrew channel installer....the problem is...where you'll burn it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.