ROM Hack Question I extraced romfs.bin from a game - how do I get a folder from it?

nmkd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to mod a game but I was only able to get the romfs folder from the base game.

For the update, I used a tool that can extract romfs.bin (file, not folder) from base+update, but now I don't know how to extract romfs.bin to look at the game's files.

Any ideas?

jonyluke

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Use this program

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/nca-nsp-xci_to_layeredfs_v1-6-rar.136644/

Select:

- 2. eShop NSP
- 1. Extract Eshop NSP

Then you have the nca files in Extracted_NSP folder

- 1. NCA
- 2. Extract Ecrypted NCA
- 2. Romfs folder
(Use the biggest nca file)

Enter the title key that is located at the .tik file, open it with Hxd and copy the line at 0x180 offset (in hexadecimal), without spaces

You have your files in Extracted_NCA folder

Also if you use the option BASE.nsp + Update.nsp to LayeredFs instead of Extract Eshop NSP it will be already a "Decrypted.nca" in Extracted_Base_Game_NSP folder, so you can use Extract Decrypted NCA and not use Hxd, the files will be in Extracted_NCA folder.

Last edited by jonyluke,

Bigjokker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to mod a game but I was only able to get the romfs folder from the base game.

For the update, I used a tool that can extract romfs.bin (file, not folder) from base+update, but now I don't know how to extract romfs.bin to look at the game's files.

Any ideas?

You can use this batch program I made if your using windows. Just put it in the same folder as hactool and keys.txt and Drag NSP, NCA or XCI from any folder on your computer onto the bat.

It will extract everything in a similar folder structure as the file. Which is helpful if you want to repack back to NSP or XCI.

Attachments

• EXTRT_v2.1.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 1,240

werneck14

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Use this program

https://gbatemp.net/attachments/nca-nsp-xci_to_layeredfs_v1-6-rar.136644/

Select:

- 2. eShop NSP
- 1. Extract Eshop NSP

Then you have the nca files in Extracted_NSP folder

- 1. NCA
- 2. Extract Ecrypted NCA
- 2. Romfs folder
(Use the biggest nca file)

Enter the title key that is located at the .tik file, open it with Hxd and copy the line at 0x180 offset (in hexadecimal), without spaces

You have your files in Extracted_NCA folder

Also if you use the option BASE.nsp + Update.nsp to LayeredFs instead of Extract Eshop NSP it will be already a "Decrypted.nca" in Extracted_Base_Game_NSP folder, so you can use Extract Decrypted NCA and not use Hxd, the files will be in Extracted_NCA folder.
Thank you! I couldn't find what was the "enter the title key" and you tutorial helped me.

Reactions: jonyluke

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.