I drove off with backup discs on bumber.

shadow1w2

Still here.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't normally bother with blogs but this story is kinda funny.

I had this big stack of all my games in Backup disc form in a 100 disc case I take with me to play at family get together's etc.
I was about to be on my way to a BBQ at my sister's place when I found my front yard hose left on and flooding the yard. So I put down the stack of discs on my truck's bumber and turn off the hose.
Then I totally forgot the stack of bkups.
Drove off, realized I left em, then come home some hours later to find nothing. Not even a scrap of shrapnel.
When I walked down the road looking for a big mess to clean up, I hear from a neighbor that some kid was running down the other direction with a big stack of discs.
With no real sign of them on the road anywhere I figure they may have been in my yard the whole time.
The kid musta picked it up and ran around to friend's with em to try em out.

I couldn't catch up to the kid to get them back, but I can only hope he'd be playing frisbees with em.

Its inconvient and costs me a buncha more dvd-r media, but eh, its kinda funny and I can always back them up again.
Everything with any real value I leave at home safe and sound.

I have young family members that love to take my games and toss them, so making backups of them all was a rather good solution.

So if anyone commenting could give me some "you are an idoit" faces and maybe some happy lols, I'd appreciate it.
To morn my loss of my inexpensive backups.

I feel like a big idiot right now, but its funny.

But hey, the backups just saved me from possibly loosing my actual games.
So lots of plus with a hint of palm to face.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
shadow1w2 said:
So if anyone commenting could give me some "you are an idoit" faces and maybe some happy lols, I'd appreciate it.
To morn my loss of my inexpensive backups.

I feel like a big idiot right now, but its funny.

But hey, the backups just saved me from possibly loosing my actual games.
So lots of plus with a hint of palm to face.
GAHAHAHHAHA dumby

lecture.gif
dont put ur shit on ur bumper

you asked for it =P

anyways, too bad someone wasnt taping that, it would have been prime "funniest home video" type show material especially a kid sprinting away juggling 100 dvd's
rofl2.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow. You are extremely calm about this. I would be pissed. Thats gonna be a long time waiting to burn all those discs again.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
You should have chased him down with your car and experienced the new "speed bump"?

But really, that sucks, thats why you should just stick with the HD Loading method...

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
juggernaut911 said:
You should have chased him down with your car and experienced the new "speed bump"?

But really, that sucks, thats why you should just stick with the HD Loading method...
What if he forgot his HD on his bumper too? That would be even worse!
tongue.gif

shadow1w2

Still here.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heh, thought this post didn't go through, also thought I changed the B in "bumber" to a P... hmm...
It was a rather funny incident in retrospect despite the fact all my work backing things up has to be redone bummed me out more than it should had, or maybe I just wasn't feeling well, it was a rather crappy day to begin with anyway.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

Responses to comments in spoiler. Little long. (some broken quote boxs too.)
quote name='themuddaload' date='Jun 27 2009, 07:54 PM' post='2083646']
GAHAHAHHAHA dumby

lecture.gif
dont put ur shit on ur bumper

you asked for it =P

anyways, too bad someone wasnt taping that, it would have been prime "funniest home video" type show material especially a kid sprinting away juggling 100 dvd's
rofl2.gif

[/quote]

Ya, I asked for it. First time I've ever done that too. Wish it was with a soda can and not my stack of backups.
Oh and I do wish I had it recorded. That woulda been awesome laughs.

quote name='iffy525' date='Jun 27 2009, 10:36 PM' post='2083861']
Well another thing is, he won't be able to use them unless he has a modded system too.
[/quote]

Bums me out more that it would just get thrown away.
Funny if he tried to sell em.
Though would be cool if they had some use to someone. I had some cool games in there.

quote name='Chris_Skylock' date='Jun 27 2009, 11:37 PM' post='2083920']
what lesson I had learned today?

ALWAYS BACKUP UP. lol
[/quote]

What I learned was that if you stop what your doing to fix a hose, don't forget to take your crap off your bumber... bumper. Though if I backed up first maybe I'd have recovered it in the flower garden....

quote name='Rayder' date='Jun 27 2009, 11:53 PM' post='2083928']
I'll give you one of my new favorite smileys.

fp.gif

[/quote]

Perfect, thanks.

quote name='dinofan01' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:02 AM' post='2083941']
Wow. You are extremely calm about this. I would be pissed. Thats gonna be a long time waiting to burn all those discs again.
[/quote]

Thanks. They were backups after all, but nothing is ever solved without a cool head. You get the rest of the day to beat yourself up over something stupid, best to deal with it head on with a calm mind.
Ya, burning all the discs again will be a bit of a pain, but thankfully backup methods and other resources have improved since I first started making backup discs.
So its really just a matter of time and getting another stack of DVD-Rs.
Not to mention it wasn't like I played all those games at once anyway.
Still, it took alot more work back when backups first started out and I did feel like I invested alot of time with it, but eh, that happens in life alot more than one would think. Not to mention to even bigger investments in time and work with even smaller possibility to recover.
So I'm glad I spent my stupidness moment on something minor.

quote name='hankchill' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:07 AM' post='2083948']
GOOD JORB!
[/quote]

grog.gif

LOL, gotta watch that cartoon again sometime xD

quote name='david432111' date='Jun 28 2009, 12:17 AM' post='2083957']
Lol, at least that dang kid can't use them.
[/quote]

What makes me wonder is why the kid bothered to grab it in the first place.
I mean, it looks like complete trash other wise.
Maybe it was the "Wii" writing I drew on the discs. You know how kids are about that thing.
Doesn't matter what it is, grab it grab it, its for Wii or something!

david432111 said:
juggernaut911 said:

What if he forgot his HD on his bumper too? That would be even worse!
tongue.gif

Well, if I ran into the kid I was planning on just being polite and thanking him for picking it up off the road. Then maybe after a bit of talk I could have gotten what was left of the discs back. (case was rather banged up in the first place.)
Maybe I'd even cough up a few bucks despite the trouble of having to catch the kid.
I was rather worried about a huge mess of DVD shrapnel all over the road mostly.
wacko.gif

As for the HD method, I may go all out for that next.
Once I can afford a good one. Though nice thing about discs is that they last for a long time providing you don't put them on your bumper and drive off with them, letting em smash on the road. Also the fact they are so inexpensive. Reason why its so easy to just laugh off.
Though a smashed up HD would be even worse. It wouldn't survive the impact at all.
Yet if it had anything resembling the Wii on it and survived somehow it would get snatched up even faster.
Though a heck of a lot easier to store in a back pack and the like so it would never really end up on the bumper in the first place.

Thanks a lot for the comments guys.
Perhaps I'll post more blogs if anything "awesome lol"-ish or "ultra sucks"-ish happens again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1