Feels Good Man

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From what I read (from all the Spotpass guides and whatnot from Nintendo and other sources) is that when the 3DS is in sleep mode, it'll connect directly to your internet network and download things automatically. But as far as I know, when the 3DS is closed, it closes any connections to the internet to drop and goes into Streetpass mode.

So how does it work? The Pokedex Spotpass seems like a pseudo Spotpass where you only get new Pokemon entries after 5 hours or so.

Yes, I checked my wireless settings to see if it was actually connected or not

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I would assume it checks every so often (maybe for example once an hour), if there's stuff available it downloads it, if not it goes back to streetpass mode and checks again later.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spotpass works alot like how WiiConnect24 works (yes. I actually use it.) as long as your 3DS knows its in a wifi zone (or nintendo zone) it keeps an eye out for the main server trying to connect to your 3DS. Of think of it like watching TV and playing a video game: your listening to the TV(3DS looking for updates) but your attention is on the game(while running all its main operations or looking out for streetpasses). TD;LR: Thats the shortess way I can explain
tongue.gif

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
don't forget though, you'll still need to setup what access point the 3DS will use, and the 3DS should be able to connect to it successfully. meaning you can't just waltz into a coffee shop with free wifi and expect it to download while it's on SpotPass--i wish it was that active, but it's not. would be nice if SpotPass can actively seek and try to connect to access points without needing to be set up beforehand.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
ferofax said:
don't forget though, you'll still need to setup what access point the 3DS will use, and the 3DS should be able to connect to it successfully. meaning you can't just waltz into a coffee shop with free wifi and expect it to download while it's on SpotPass--i wish it was that active, but it's not. would be nice if SpotPass can actively seek and try to connect to access points without needing to be set up beforehand.
Well, if it can automatically connect without user permission, it means that the console can already hack into other Wi-Fi access areas (other homes?
tpi.gif
)

I always get SpotPass notifications from DOA Dimensions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to... +1