Gaming I DONT like SSBB and SMG

eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi everyone..
When I first bought the wii, i never "knew" mario (and friends) but i knew they were a big name in gaming industry.
I bought the wii, and all i can see is a big "hype" around mario games..
Paper mario was cool, but not an amazing game..
when SMG was rlsd, I didnt even bother to update my wii&wiikey for it as im not a huge fan of mario games.
But.. when i saw the overwhelming replies (1000's) about SSBB, Ive done it all..
I've bought dl discs, updated to 1.9g, updated firmware, did the 15% trick, all to see, that actually.. brawl is just a rather average (its not bad IMO) fighter, just with differenct characters... most of them means nothing to me.. and even if they did actually ment something to me..
I dont see alot of difference when fighting with pikachu or a big m&m..
For me (and once again, it is JUST MY OPINION) SMG and SSBB are just 2 more for the collection.
True, they are far away from being bad, but really, dont think they worth all the hype.. let alone buy a console for those game...
so, those are my 2 cents, mario fans, no pun intended, just pointing out my thoughts.
I'm sure there are more people thinking like me.

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
When I first bought the wii, i never "knew" mario (and friends) but i knew they were a big name in gaming industry.

Woah. You're serious? How old are you? Have you just recently been getting into gaming or have you only owned a playstation, pc or xbox?

Aside from that, I respect your opinion. But the lack of good memories with Mario from the past surely adds to your confusion regarding the newer titles. You just don't have an open mind or else you're going against the flow. A lot of people does that these days to get noticed. Hence why you probably made this topic.
smile.gif

frostfire

Trophies
Website
frozenstudios.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Gaming probably isn't your cup of tea then. Can you give us some good examples of in your eyes 'great' games (= better than SSBB/SMG) then?

Ofcourse, you can have your own opinion. But once you get sucked into Super Smash's gameplay it's hard to ever get out
smile.gif
. Especially when you learn how to do 1 hit combo kills (dunno if it's still possible in SSBB, don't own a wii yet) and own the crap out of everyone ^^.

Bourbanog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why do these people feel the need to come in and say "I don't like x hyped game! I'm different! Look at me!" ?

You don't like a game, good on you. Go play games you do like then.

And you should be able to judge games yourself, and not listen to mindless hype...

eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hiya selxis..
im 32 (yesterday had a b-day lol)..
and yeah, had a ps2 and pc of course... never really got hooked on mario games, even on the older nintendo consoles..
nah... i dont need attention, its just that i excpected something "bigger and better" then an average fighting game with all the big oohh's and aahhhh's around it.

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Why do these people feel the need to come in and say "I don't like x hyped game! I'm different! Look at me!" ?

You don't like a game, good on you. Go play games you do like then.

And you should be able to judge games yourself, and not listen to mindless hype...
Exactly.

I'm not really excited about SSBB because of any hype.
SSBM is my favorite multiplayer game of all time, and naturally I'm excited about the next installment of the series.

eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
@Bourbanog ..
I came "forward" and said what i said, just to know, if theres something "wrong" with me.. or im not alone in that thought.
@frostfire
Do you really think mario is the top of all video gaming? yes, it is a cornerstone in video games..
but you know what? I had better time playing GOW on the ps2 than playing mario on the wii..

Selxis

Trophies
XP
Country
hiya selxis..
im 32 (yesterday had a b-day lol)..
and yeah, had a ps2 and pc of course... never really got hooked on mario games, even on the older nintendo consoles..
nah... i dont need attention, its just that i excpected something "bigger and better" then an average fighting game with all the big oohh's and aahhhh's around it.

Well so did I with Halo, but here we are
tongue.gif

Bottom line is that you should judge games from playing them yourself, as it has been mentioned here. Congraturlations regarding your birthday too.
smile.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I understand what your point is. In fact you are wondering what people think is so fantastic about these games.
Well, I have to admit, it has a lot to do with the characters that made Nintendo big.

It's like when the Rolling Stones release a new album. Hardcore Stones fans probably will like the album to death when it comes out, while someone who never heard of the Rolling Stones doesn't understand what is so incredible about it.

I'm almost 34 and have grown up with the classic games, with the SNES being the highlight period. I never cared for Sega, Atari, Sony Playstation or other consoles. Simply because I loved Nintendo's attitude and the way they made their characters into a sort of Disney-like icons. Plus the games were big fun.
I have been out of gaming for many years and it was around the time the GBA SP came out that the interest came back, and now I own a GBA, a NDS and a Wii. Nintendo keeps inventing cool new ways of gaming. But it's always a combination of gameplay and characters.

So I guess it's a bit of a Nintendo fanboy issue. People who grew up with Nintendo get BIG SMILES when they see their "stars" in yet another great new adventure.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the topic a joke, or that racist thing about a joke? Anyways, if the topic was a joke, I thought it was pretty lame to make a new topic for this called 'joke'.

eternity575

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
rofl @anakir .. that "racist" thing was a joke..
not the whole topic..
@berlinka.. i guess youre right... as a child I did play more sega master system games & even earlier with the atari 2600
smile.gif
so maybe its the past ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol