Shawn ShyGuy

OP
Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I recently lost the lock slide on my SD card, and my other SD cards are broken, due to that cursed slide. I do have a MicroSD, however, and at quite a good size, 8GB. I also have a MicroSD reader I ripped out of an old phone (image below)
oem-samsung-galaxy-s-captivate-sgh-i897-sim-card-and-sd-card-pcb-board-(at&t)-3.jpg

I want to like, solder this on to my 3DS if possible (don't want to use SD cards becos above story). I know nothing about modifications, do you just "solder on a reader" or is it more complicated? I'm sure it's the latter but if I can just solder it that'd be amazing.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the lock is missing on the sd card then put a piece of scotch tape over the sd card where it completely covers the slot. Instantly fixes it.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Cut a small segment of a paper clip enough to fill the indent of the sd card and just use tape to hold it there.
No black magic, the reader just has a contact switch that gets closed when there is no indentation and open when there is.

Avalynn

I'm here to learn and help.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cut a small segment of a paper clip enough to fill the indent of the sd card and just use tape to hold it there.
No black magic, the reader just has a contact switch that gets closed when there is no indentation and open when there is.

Exactly what NicEXE said, I use a small dab of hot glue when I loose that part. The reader just needs that internal pin pushed in to allow the write function.

This is quick picture of what I mean :lol:

IMG_0521.jpg

Although If you want, you should be able to solder that in, but as for placement and useability I'm not sure. Nothing special needs to be done, just make sure you solder the correct pins as microSD is has one less pin, an extra ground, then the standard SD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...