Gaming I don't know any Japanese...any games I can still enjoy?

ABGX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully thread title makes sense. I am sure there are a few games out there that the language barrier doesn't get completely in the way of. I played things like Osu! or Kuru Kuru Kururin 2...Honey Comb Beat of Kameleon before they were translated or never were.

So, any 3DS gems I could still totally enjoy?

logon

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I play osu! too. One game you can play that actually is a mode in osu! is taiko. The 3ds game is called Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb

Reactions: Vipera

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I play osu! too. One game you can play that actually is a mode in osu! is taiko. The 3ds game is called Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb
As soon ss I saw the title I thought pf Taiko no Tatsujin, glad to have another Taiko-er on board

Reactions: Vipera

Nostalgianinja

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You can always try Puyo Puyo. The DS versions are region free and the 3DS versions have some improvements to the DS versions. I'd recommend Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary and Puyo Puyo Tetris (3DS Only) if you're interested with those games.

Earlier iterations are being fan-translated and there's also official English Releases (Puyo Pop for the GBA and Puyo Pop Fever for the GBA/DS)

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't speak a single word of Japanese (other than 'Gomen ne'/Sorry because Chun-Li!) and I easily 100% Ex-Troopers.

The only thing you wont really understand is the story but its still totally playable.

I highly recommend it. Its an anime 3rd person shooter set in the Lost Planet universe.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I recommend 大合奏!バンドブラザーズP aka Daigasso! Band Bros. P

yes, but if you download the rom, you do not get any トマト, and the game is boring without new songs...
you can buy トマト from the game using ¥¥¥ from the eshop, but if you do not have a japanese 3ds i am sure you cannot do it. :)
you can also redeem トマト via a code, maybe this would work with foreign 3ds consoles... maybe

most of the recommendations here are rhythm games, not knowing ANY japanese at all is still tricky when you want to play any game, i have seen people accidentally delete their save because they don't understand anything... lol

chemistryfreak

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, but if you download the rom, you do not get any トマト, and the game is boring without new songs...
you can buy トマト from the game using ¥¥¥ from the eshop, but if you do not have a japanese 3ds i am sure you cannot do it. :)
you can also redeem トマト via a code, maybe this would work with foreign 3ds consoles... maybe

most of the recommendations here are rhythm games, not knowing ANY japanese at all is still tricky when you want to play any game, i have seen people accidentally delete their save because they don't understand anything... lol

You can still play online with 10 other people without buying any songs, you just have to play the songs that the other players selected. Plus 1 tomato(In game currency) actually only cost around 30yen which is quite cheap tbh. Just buy a few songs to play and go online and have fun jam sessions! Recently I got the game for free via download code. After the game updated to 2.0ver, they have this promo that give those who brought the game 10 free download codes to redeem the game for free.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You can still play online with 10 other people without buying any songs, you just have to play the songs that the other players selected. Plus 1 tomato(In game currency) actually only cost around 30yen which is quite cheap tbh. Just buy a few songs to play and go online and have fun jam sessions! Recently I got the game for free via download code. After the game updated to 2.0ver, they have this promo that give those who brought the game 10 free download codes to redeem the game for free.

i know perfectly well, i have the game (and japanese 3ds so i can get tomatoes) :)
well done on getting the game free!
the game is very hard at the higher difficulties... i am not interested putting in the time and practice it takes to get that good at this :)

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn you region locks. I miss the good old days where nintendo games at least the hand held where not region lock now everything thing is....unless you are Sony or Microsoft which at least next gen are region free.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya