I don't know any Japanese...any games I can still enjoy?

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by johnnyturk, Aug 26, 2014.

1. johnnyturk
    OP

johnnyturk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    Hopefully thread title makes sense. I am sure there are a few games out there that the language barrier doesn't get completely in the way of. I played things like Osu! or Kuru Kuru Kururin 2...Honey Comb Beat of Kameleon before they were translated or never were.

So, any 3DS gems I could still totally enjoy?

BAHIM Z 360 and Omer like this.
  2. Omer

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Really really good topic. I want to know the same thing too

3. logon

logon GBAtemp Regular

Jun 8, 2008
    New Zealand
    I play osu! too. One game you can play that actually is a mode in osu! is taiko. The 3ds game is called Taiko no Tatsujin: Chibi Dragon to Fushigi na Orb

Vipera likes this.
  4. _v3

_v3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 12, 2013
    Croatia
    As soon ss I saw the title I thought pf Taiko no Tatsujin, glad to have another Taiko-er on board

Vipera likes this.
  5. Nostalgianinja

Nostalgianinja Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2014
    You can always try Puyo Puyo. The DS versions are region free and the 3DS versions have some improvements to the DS versions. I'd recommend Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary and Puyo Puyo Tetris (3DS Only) if you're interested with those games.

Earlier iterations are being fan-translated and there's also official English Releases (Puyo Pop for the GBA and Puyo Pop Fever for the GBA/DS)

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    if you like music games, I guess FF Theatrythme 2.

7. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    I don't speak a single word of Japanese (other than 'Gomen ne'/Sorry because Chun-Li!) and I easily 100% Ex-Troopers.

The only thing you wont really understand is the story but its still totally playable.

I highly recommend it. Its an anime 3rd person shooter set in the Lost Planet universe.

8. datsui

datsui Member

Newcomer
    Jul 7, 2012
    Senegal
    senran kagura for some girl action :P

9. chemistryfreak

chemistryfreak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    I recommend 大合奏!バンドブラザーズP aka Daigasso! Band Bros. P

10. Katsumi San

Katsumi San GBAtemp Fan

Jan 15, 2012
    Kyoto
    This and also the series of Project Mirai for 3DS(Hatsune Miku)

11. Drink the Bleach

Drink the Bleach This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014

Banned
    Apr 5, 2014
    United States
    Wait for Project Mirai Remix.

Its an enhanced version of Mirai 2 and it's coming to North America, in English.

Theathrythm 2 comes out in half a month.

12. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    yes, but if you download the rom, you do not get any トマト, and the game is boring without new songs...
    you can buy トマト from the game using ¥¥¥ from the eshop, but if you do not have a japanese 3ds i am sure you cannot do it. :)
    you can also redeem トマト via a code, maybe this would work with foreign 3ds consoles... maybe

most of the recommendations here are rhythm games, not knowing ANY japanese at all is still tricky when you want to play any game, i have seen people accidentally delete their save because they don't understand anything... lol

13. chemistryfreak

chemistryfreak GBAtemp Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    You can still play online with 10 other people without buying any songs, you just have to play the songs that the other players selected. Plus 1 tomato(In game currency) actually only cost around 30yen which is quite cheap tbh. Just buy a few songs to play and go online and have fun jam sessions! Recently I got the game for free via download code. After the game updated to 2.0ver, they have this promo that give those who brought the game 10 free download codes to redeem the game for free.

cearp likes this.
  14. cearp

cearp the ticket master

May 26, 2008
    Tuvalu
    i know perfectly well, i have the game (and japanese 3ds so i can get tomatoes) :)
    well done on getting the game free!
    the game is very hard at the higher difficulties... i am not interested putting in the time and practice it takes to get that good at this :)

15. mkdms14

mkdms14 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    Damn you region locks. I miss the good old days where nintendo games at least the hand held where not region lock now everything thing is....unless you are Sony or Microsoft which at least next gen are region free.

16. Sheimi

Sheimi A cute Vixen!

Oct 22, 2009
    United States
    One I recommend is Puyo Puyo Tetris. If you like Tetris and Puyo Puyo, then it's for you.

gamefan5 likes this.
  17. noki@

noki@ GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2010
    I want to play the Dragonball Z game but that's only in Japanese too :(