PS1/2 I did what I said I wouldn't do.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I said I would ease up and not buy all the consoles of this generation, but at approx. 5:30 after the swipe of my debit card I realized one thing. I lied. MGS4 80GB $500 PS3 Bundle. Just thought I'd share that I am indeed not strong enough to resist Metal Gear.

PS. $500 and no HDMI or component cables?! Cheap bastards. (P.P.S. But MGS4 and Dual Shock 3... I guess that makes up for it)

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Meh , nothing wrong with having all the consoles
biggrin.gif
, all the consoles= all the games
smile.gif

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Congrats, welcome to the PSN community!
I'm about to get a 360 too myself. I'm just waiting for a price drop to grab an Arcade bundle.

But I wouldn't get a Wii even if somebody would pay me to do it.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

If PS3 only bundled HDMI cable, then that'd cause another group of people whine at it; saying how only a small portion of people own HDTVs and blah blah.
If PS3 only bundled component cable, then two groups of people will complain: people who want HDMI bundled for their HDTV and people who want composite cable for their old TV that doesn't support component =P

(I mean, when two people are looking for composite cable for PS3 in one day on Vancouver craigslist, there must be tons of people whose TV don't take componenet/HDMI)

Some consoles don't come with wireless adapters, or optical cable socket, or HDMI support, etc.
I'd rather have my console missing a cable than missing a feature. Having to buy a new cable just to cut it open so that it can be connected at the same time as HDMI cable is not what I expected.

Are any of the consoles modded? I found buying games for PS3 and 360 alone costs me too much.
So I modded my 360 but still buy retail copies. There aren't too many good games coming out in Summer compared to Christmas season.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AshuraZero said:
I said I would ease up and not buy all the consoles of this generation, but at approx. 5:30 after the swipe of my debit card I realized one thing. I lied. MGS4 80GB $500 PS3 Bundle. Just thought I'd share that I am indeed not strong enough to resist Metal Gear.

PS. $500 and no HDMI or component cables?! Cheap bastards. (P.P.S. But MGS4 and Dual Shock 3... I guess that makes up for it)
Congratz
tongue.gif
Get an HDMI cable on eBay for a dollar, like I did mine.

QUOTE(VVoltz™ @ Jun 16 2008, 07:19 PM) Congrats, welcome to the PSN community!
I'm about to get a 360 too myself. I'm just waiting for a price drop to grab an Arcade bundle.

But I wouldn't get a Wii even if somebody would pay me to do it.
Remember, if you want to mod your Arcade 360 you'll have to solder a chip inside since Arcades have a different drive
wink.gif

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a little update and thought it wasn't worth a new topic.

Finished MGS4. Of course the cutscenes drew on a tad long, but it didn't really bother me as I love the Metal Gear story. In other words, the game was fucking awesome.

BTW, I don't need an HDMI cable because I don't have a monitor that can be hooked up with it in my room. It's a no-namish one so an HDMI-DVI cable does not work.
But on the bright side, I use that HDMI-DVI cable downstairs on a 51'' rear projection TV... so horay!
biggrin.gif

So.... Topic shift!

I'm done MGS4, I can play online and will probably do so later. But besides that, any cool things I can do with the PS3 for now? And yes, I do plan on installing a linux distribution onto it sometime in the future.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
AshuraZero said:
But besides that, any cool things I can do with the PS3 for now?

upgrade your hard drive, you will need to sooner or later as game installs demand a lot of space.
get a usb or wireless keyboard (typing messages and browsing the PSN store with the controller WILL get tiresome also get a mouse if you want to use the internet browser or play unreal tournament 3)
get a wireless bluetooth headset if you like online gaming.
get a DS3 if you haven't already.
if you want to use your PS3 for media capabilities such as watching dvd movies (upscaled), divx, music and so on get the official sony blu ray remote.
oh and get a duster or lint cloth for your PS3 it's a huge dust magnet unfortunately.

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Second the HD upgrade, and start filling it up. Download Linux on it (then delete only to find out it sucks atm), try movies, PSN games and whatnot. MGO should keep you busy, it's my favorite PS3 online game right now, even better than CoD4! Be careful about cleaning your PS3, using regular clothing scratches it up. Use something like velvet.

Oh yeah, and get Planet Earth.

Bloodgod

嵐の王
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
rember to get a hdmi cable ASAP you don't ant to damage your eyes for too long lol

HAHA no HD on a PS3/X360 should be a SIN to all man kind. My K/D goes down the **** hole when I play on my friends X360 with composite hook ups.

@ All the SD users. Yes I'm being an elitist prick. I know it so you don't have to point it out. kthx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: though if it s important to go online for a game I would much rather buy it