Hacking I can't shrink my SDHC's partition

  • Thread starter Thread starter TidusWulf
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,509
  • Replies Replies 3

TidusWulf

Be Kind
Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
657
Reaction score
252
Trophies
1
Location
Moon
XP
799
Country
United States
it's a 4 GB Transcent Micdo SDHC card. the true size is 3.8 GB. I went to Device Manager and it doesn't let me shrink the partition at all. is there something else I should use/do?
 
I suggest using GParted. You can get it on a LiveCD. Annoying that it doesn't have an application for Windows (which it seems you are using), but it is well worth it and you won't find a program that is as nice for free.

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php

This is all assuming of course that it supports SD devices, which I am not sure of.

Edit: It seems it can partition SD devices, but you might have trouble if you aren't accustomed to a Linux environment.
 

Site & Scene News